You will be part of our Transmission & Distribution Technology team (TDT) within Power Grids. This expertise cluster focus is on advice, design and engineering for the realization of high-voltage Transmission & Distribution(infra)structures and/or systems for electrical transmission and distribution. Examples are feasibility studies, the basic design phase or realization of T&D projects with TSO’s, DSO’s and industry power grids.
The specific expertise of our team can be summarized as:
- Earthing, EMC and insulation coordination studies
- HVDC interconnection & equipment
- HVAC substations & equipment
- Overhead line connections
- Power Failure Investigations (PFI)
The team has over 10 different nationalities and is a well-balanced mix of PhDs, MScs and BScs all with either an electrical or structural engineering background.
As a project manager you will:
- Independently manage and take integral ownership of multidisciplinary projects
- Act as a facilitator, creating a solution driven project team
- Communicate in a transparent and spontaneous way
- Be reliable and predictable
- Know how to involve and manage external & internal stakeholders
- Have a proven and solid understanding of contract management and terms & conditions
- Schedule resources and perform financial forecasting
- Plan & track project delivery, proactively managing the critical path
- Drive early risk anticipation (if any) and proactive problem solving
- Write and to contribute to high-quality technical reports and commercial offers
- Co-manage our team challenges, workload and bottle necks
- Be willing to travel (on an average 20%, with sometimes a peak if the progress of the project needs this)
We are looking for an enthusiastic, result-oriented, fun to work with project manager who actively contributes to the success of our TDT team and works together to create results. You have:
- At least MSc working level in electrical, mechanical or civil engineering
- Proven Engineering, Procurement, Contracting (EPC) background
- Fluency in German or Dutch, next to English language skills, both oral and written
- Excellent and proven knowledge of contract, project and risk management methodologies and modern tools (a project management certification is a preference)
- Well balanced technical and commercial skills with broad proven experience
- A proven track record in T&D sector
- Experience with complex contract management and solid understanding of terms and conditions
- You are driven by understanding the details let’s call it a ‘natural always want to know curiosity’
- Based on good organizational skills you anticipate well in time for any event
- Commitment to customer centricity with natural ability to build and maintain relationships with customers
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with diverse customers and co-workers
- The ability to connect people and enjoy working with different stakeholders
- Have an active & visible role and achieve positive customer feedback
Communication & Behaviour
- Flexibility and adaptability – issues and tasks may change quickly
- Attitude to take responsibility for own tasks and open mindset (out of the box thinking)
- You have a drive to work explicitly and if things are unclear you dare to challenge by asking the right questions
- You are fun to work with!
Location is Dresden or Arnhem, the combination with home office can be discussed
What we're offering:
A challenging and varied job in a dynamic and international environment. Being part of a professional team of committed colleagues and plenty of opportunities for personal growth. Naturally, the position is rewarded appropriately, including good fringe benefits.
Based on your experience, we will create a plan together with you for your development for the next few years. We will do this through our 70-20-10 philosophy: 70% learning on the job, 20% coaching and 10% training.
You will be given the opportunity to grow to a (senior) consulting role where you sell, lead and execute projects in order to help clients realize the stated project goals and deliverables. Or you develop yourself as a senior technology expert being seen as an international authority in your working field.
Company & Business Area Description
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV enables organizations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV empowers our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV – Energy, with more than 2,300 experts in over 30 countries around the world, is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of 150 years, we specialize in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
Hvem er DNV?
DNV is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.