We have established an exciting new position in the Group Technical team which will promote efficiency of project execution and support Jotun's strategy of organic growth worldwide. The task of Group Technical team is to build new state-of-the-art factories around the world as well as to support expanding existing business units.
Project Manager for Design will hold responsibility of concept design and detail design for all new factories, as well as provide support and coaching during project execution. In your role you will be responsible for implementing new technology in cooperation with our Standard & Methods team. Focus on HSEQ, cost, time, legal implications, as well as Jotun standards and regulations are essential for succeeding in this role. With you on the team we aim to work smarter during project planning and execution.
The position is located in Norway and will report to Group Technical Director - Engineering & Project Management.
Duties and responsibilities
- Regular and structured reporting to project Owner and Steering Committee
- Develop scope of service/concept design for design partner/turn key suppliers
- Hold a constant flow of data and information towards design partner
- Develop best practice plans for design, construction, procurement, commissioning and start up
- Establish projects in Project Online and ensure standard progress reporting and follow up until Gate 3
- Responsible for handover and training of local project manager responsible for execution of construction
- Implement best practice routines for planning and reporting
- Cost estimation based on standard WBS structure
- Responsible for Risk management up to Gate 3, including monitoring mitigation actions
- Establish, implement and follow the project handbook approved by Steering Committee.
- Ensure that Jotun's accumulated experience and learnings from other projects serve as foundation for best practice project management
- Follow both Jotun values, procedures, policies and standards, as well as local regulations, standards and laws in every project
- Broad experience within multi-discipline technical areas and project management
- Management competence with focus on coaching, training and developing people
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, experience with working across different functions and cultures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Minimum 10 years of experience in senior level project management (international experience and IMPA level B, C will be considered an advantage)
- MBa/MSc degree in relevant field
- Travelling (80-120 days per year) must be expected
- Makes an impact, convinces and persuades others, promotes plans and ideas successfully
- Provides team with a clear sense of direction, inspires and coordinates others and keeps them focused on objectives
- Uses a methodical and systematic approach; plans ahead, defines clear priorities and allocates resources effectively
- Demonstrates specialist knowledge and expertise in own area; participates in continuous professional development
- Communicates in a clear, precise and structured way; speaks with authority and conviction; presents effectively
- Co-operates well with others; shares knowledge, experience and information; supports others in the pursuit of team goals
We can offer
- Extensive opportunities for professional and personal development
- International Corporate Culture founded on our four values: Care, Respect, Loyalty and Boldness
- Exciting challenges and opportunity to make an impact within a growing company with excellent financial results
Group Technical Director - Engineering & Project Management
Hvem er Jotun?
Jotun is one of the world's leading manufacturers of decorative paints, marine, protective and powder coatings. The Group has 62 companies and 40 production facilities around the world, and more than 10 000 employees. Jotun is represented in more than 100 countries through own subsidiaries, joint ventures, agents, branch offices and distributors. The Jotun Group’s sales in 2019 was NOK 19.652 billion. The Jotun Group is organised into four segments and seven geographical regions, and has its head office in Sandefjord, Norway.