We are looking for an experienced telecoms engineer to be part of our technical team, working with the ongoing project “New signalling system CBTC”. The position will be part of our Signalling section in the infrastructure unit’s technical department.
The planned investment in public transportation in the Oslo area is high for the upcoming decades. An increasing number of passengers is expected due to the growing population, and the Oslo municipality is ambitious with regards to developing an environmentally friendly society.
Sporveien will re-signal all our metro lines with CBTC (Communication Based Train Control). CBTC will facilitate for a higher capacity performance, increased punctuality and a smoother operation. A new signalling system is also an important factor for upcoming metro projects such as Fornebubanen, new Majorstua station and a new downtown tunnel.
The CBTC project is currently in the procurement phase. Contract award and start-up of the implementation phase is planned for the end of 2021/beginning of 2022.
Implementation of CBTC is one the larger on shore infrastructure projects in Norway and offers major and complex challenges in a project with a high diversity of disciplines. The project currently counts approximately 50 project members.
The project engineer telecommunication will be working in the technical discipline which is part of the project engineering team.
English is the main language for all document production. However, much of the Sporveien documentation for legacy systems is in Norwegian.
The application can be submitted in English or Norwegian.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Manage and coordinate:
- The datalink* solutions for CBTC both strategically and operationally
- The datalink* delivery from Telia and supplementary mobile operators (redundant network)
- The datalink delivery from the chosen signalling supplier (integration)
- Sporveien infrastructure upgrades related to datalink (radio communication solution in the metro tunnels)
- Follow up of the integration:
- Between the signalling supplier’s part of the datalink and the deliveries from the mobile operators
- The surveillance/monitoring of the datalink
- Follow up of deliveries from the chosen signalling supplier:
- Design documentation and other relevant documentation
- As built documentation
- Follow up of the deliveries towards other disciplines in the project:
- Migration and roll-out
- Be the telecommunication expert in the project
- Manage and coordinate towards the Sporveien line organisation and ensure that preconditions given are adhered to
- Cooperate with authorities and other partners with regards to further development of the datalink solution
* The Datalink is the radio communication solution for the new CBTC system:
In a CBTC system the communication between trains and infrastructure is based upon radio communication. Sporveien will, as the first metro operator in the world, run the datalink on public mobile networks. Sporveien has entered into an agreement with public mobile operator Telia
- B.Sc., M.Sc. or equivalent and with a high competence within radio communication
- At least 5 years of working experience from either a mobile operator, a supplier or an infrastructure owner
- Experience from all phases in a project (planning/specification, procurement, implementation and operation); experience from the implementation phase is particularly valid
- Experience from rail or metro projects and in particular signalling projects
- Experience with following up of agreements/contracts
- Experience with following up of suppliers
- Good understanding of the total system and experience with infrastructure and services that are vital to society
- Strategical and commercial mindset
- Good skills in English and preferably in Norwegian
You are used to taking responsibility for your deliveries, and you’re cooperating well with others. You have a positive attitude, and you enjoy working in a project where your daily life is often very busy.
Why work in Sporveien?
- You get to be part of a project with a high impact on the environment, on Oslo and public transport
- You get to have a major influence in a small and flexible project
- You get to work on a wider scale within your subject of expertise
- We can offer a good working environment with committed and skilled colleagues and professional environments, which emphasize well-being, diversity and humor
- We can offer opportunities for further development and skills development, and a large internal job market
- Competitive wage and working conditions
- Exercise room, training support and corporate sports teams
- In Sporveien, permanent employees and family have the opportunity to get a free ticket up to zone 2 on Ruter's route network in Oslo and Akershus. The free tickets are taxed in accordance with regulations for this.
It is important that you can identify with our values; Reliable, Committed and Interactive and can be a clear cultural carrier of this.
We are proud of our diversity among our employees and want applicants regardless of cultural background, gender and age.
We are subject to the Public Access to Information Act. This means that public applicant lists will be prepared (§ 25).
Sporveien AS collaborates with Semac, which is an external supplier for background checks of relevant candidates. The background check is carried out with the consent of you as the applicant and means that we verify the CV and other application documentation in connection with the employment.
In case you should need more information please du not hesitate to concact:
Kristin Brendeford - 920 33 107 / email@example.com
Svein Brembo - 917 16 792 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Hvem er Sporveien?
Sporveien leverer reiser med trikk, T-bane og buss med hovedvekt i Oslo og Viken. Selskapet eier og forvalter også eiendom og infrastruktur for trikk og T-bane. Sporveien er Norges største leverandør av kollektivtransport målt i antall reiser og fraktet 155 millioner passasjerer i 2020. Konsernet har 3700 ansatte og en omsetning på 4,7 milliarder kroner.
Konsernsenteret har ansvaret for de strategiske og overordnede føringene for alle resultatenhetene og selskapene i konsernet. Senteret består av hovedområdene Økonomi og finans, HR, Kvalitet og HMS, Kommunikasjon og samfunnskontakt, Markedstjenester, Dokumentsenter, Strategi og konsernutvikling, Digitalisering og innovasjon, IT, Konsernjuridisk og compliance, Informasjonssikkerhet og Eiendom.
Det er 166 ansatte i konsernsenteret.