Would you be interested to construct products that make it possible to repair ships while the ship is still afloat? We are looking for you who has experience working with SolidWorks, AutoCAD, or another 3D-drawing program and are able to start immediately in a new role!
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a project engineer that can come and join their team working with cad construction.
Our client has the technology, experience, and capacity to respond quickly to emergencies such as groundings or collisions. They have the right equipment and expertise for temporary, but reliable, hull repairs while the ship is afloat. They have the tools required for the installation and equipment that gets sent anywhere in the world. In order for them to provide the best possible solution to a marine salvage operation, they identify exactly what equipment is needed to repair the vessel afloat and then construct a specific solution for that need before sending and installing the product.
They are now looking for you who can contribute to constructing client-specific versions of their products. You will be offered a workplace that works internationally with a unique product, at the same time as you will be part of a local team that is focusing on great teamwork. You will be part of a small team that together work for meeting all those interesting inquiries they get from their customers, you will probably be amazed to see what they help their customers to solve!
Your responsibility as a project engineer will be to:
- Read shipping drawings to understand a specific ship's construction
- Make production drawings in SolidWorks for your product for a specific ship
- Follow up the production of your construction
We also hope that you are willing to take a shared responsibility with your team to:
- Have a direct dialogue with potential new customers to understand the customers' technical construction and thereby the complexity of the problem that needs to be solved
- Come up with concepts of a possible solution
- Be involved in the dialogue with the customers regarding the pricing offer you see for that specific concept
- If concept and offer gets accepted, you will take responsibility for the project from finish to start
- Has a bachelor's or master's degree in engineering, preferable something within the field of marine construction
- Has work experience in making production drawings in SolidWorks, AutoCAD, or another relevant 3D-drawing program
- Has work experience with reading and understand construction drawings, preferable shipping construction drawings
- Fluent in English, all written communication with the companies customers is in English so it's especially important that you are fluent in written English
- Basic understanding in both spoken and written Norwegian
It is an advantage if you have work experience with Ansys or other engineering simulation software.
We are looking for you who are self going but still have a lot of interest to be part of a team and work together with your colleagues. You will be part of a small team, so you have to expect to be interrupted in your work task to have a dialogue with a colleague or helping a client with a suggestion for a possible construction solution. A part of our client's success has been the focus of helping each other out. We are also looking for you who are responsible, you are comfortable with responsibility and you make sure to take ownership of your work tasks.
- Start: As soon as possible.
- Work extent: Full time, 6 months.
- Location: Lysaker.
- Please send in your application before Wednesday the 30th of September and write your cover letter in English.
- Contact information: This recruitment process is conducted by me, Julia in Academic Work. If you have any questions about the position, feel free to contact me here!.
- The selection process is continuous and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.
You will get more information about the clients in the interview setting!
Hvem er Academic Work?
Vi i Academic Work jobber med å finne karrieremuligheter til young professionals – personer som er i starten av sin karriere eller ønsker å bytte karrierevei. Young professionals er vår nisje, vårt ekspertområde og en målgruppe vi tror sterkt på. Vi er et internasjonalt selskap med 20 års erfaring. Hittil har vi hjulpet 120.000 personer i jobb, og bare i Norge tilbyr vi over 1.200 karrieremuligheter i året.