Primary Metal Technology (PMT) is responsible for technology development related to primary production of aluminium. Hydro is world leader within aluminium production technology. Together with colleagues in the technology organization you will take part in developing smelter technology and implement new technology at Hydro's smelters in Norway and abroad. At the technology center in Årdal, we have full-scale testing facilities as well as laboratories where we can bring ideas, theory and academic knowledge into technological solutions. Hydro is now working with implementation of Industry 4.0 solutions.
Hydro has in-house developed process control system and we are looking for candidates to strengthen the competence and capacity within cybernetics, autonomy and big data analysis.
Area of Responsibility
- Maintain and develop the process control system
- Optimization, implementation of new technology and support to Hydro's plants worldwide
- Plan and execute technology development projects
- Utilize principles from Industry 4.0 to develop solutions for the future
- Contribute to process data analysis in an Industry 4.0 setting
- Master or PhD degree within Cybernetics – with interest in software development, embedded- and real-time systems
- Graduates as well as experienced candidates (max 3 years) are welcome to apply
- Good academic results, good communication and collaboration skills
- Analytical mindset, interest and skills within new analytic tools
- Fluency in English and Norwegian
- Additional Information
We can offer:
- Exciting challenges, teamwork, influence, flexible and diverse working day
- Friendly, international work environment
- To work with experts in the aluminium industry
- Possibility to develop into operational, technological or general management positions
- International opportunities
Graduates and candidates with maximum 2 years’ experience will take part in Hydro’s Graduate Program:
- 12 months program
- Designed to fit you individually
- Possibility for rotation, normally within own plant/area
- Thorough introduction program and follow-up
- Common sessions with Hydro’s young professionals
- Dedicated buddy
If you are interested in great and spectacular nature, mountain hiking, climbing, kayaking, randonée skiing after work and other outdoor activities, Årdal is the perfect place for you! The last years, we have recruited many young professionals, and there is a Hydro Young Professional network to take part in.
Please enclose all relevant transcripts with your application (academic records/diplomas, certificates etc.).
As part of our recruitment process, we use Semac for background check.
Only applications received through our online system will be considered, not via email.
Hvem er Norsk Hydro?
Hydro is a fully integrated aluminium company with 35,000 employees in 40 countries on all continents, combining local expertise, worldwide reach and unmatched capabilities in R&D. In addition to production of primary aluminium, rolled and extruded products and recycling, Hydro also extracts bauxite, refines alumina and generates energy to be the only 360 company of the global aluminium industry. Hydro is present within all market segments for aluminium, with sales and trading activities throughout the value chain, serving more than 30,000 customers.