DTU Diplom invites applications for a position as Professor in Applied Digital Energy Technology.
DTU Diplom is a department with the overall mission of performing practice-oriented teaching in the Bachelor of Engineering programme at DTU and innovation through extensive collaboration with industry.
The professor will be attached to the Power Engineering group in the Section for Electrotechnology, one of the five sections comprising the Department which employs 120 persons including presently a faculty of 73. The 17 educational programmes in the Department are focused on Cross disciplinary and innovative methods and based on the CDIO framework. The Section for Electrotechnology contributes to high-level education and innovation development within Electronics, Electric Power Engineering and Mathematics.
Responsibilities and tasks
The position involves education and innovation in the area of research-based education and teaching. In addition, assignments may include:
- teaching and innovation within electric power and energy, encompassing several of the following fields: Operation and monitoring of energy systems, Substation automation and control, Relay and protection technology, SCADA systems operating, control and communication, Energy markets, energy system integration.
- innovation activities inside and outside the department.
- pedagogical and scientific guidance and supervision of assistant professors
- developing courses and specializations within the field of Power Engineering based on the latest knowledge and research results
- developing and implement contemporary teaching methods
- professional guidance of the Electrical Power field with special emphasis on implementation of cutting edge digital operation of units, plants and systems.
- developing and strengthen project and innovation collaboration with industry
- upgrading and continuous development of first-class lab- and student facilities targeted towards Electrical Power Engineering in the electrotechnical field
- collaboration with industry, other academic institutions, and networks to meet the growing need for innovation and education
- Interaction with research groups, heads of departments, study programme coordinators, prominent teachers at the department and at DTU, with emphasis on cross-disciplinary collaboration and innovation both nationally and Internationally.
- collaboration with industrial partners, customers, and key stakeholders
- collaboration with and participation in relevant internal and external units, councils, and boards
- collaboration with research groups at DTU Electrical Engineering, DTU Compute, DTU Energy, DTU Wind Energy, and DTU Diplom, Section for Informatics.
Compulsary courses are generally taught in Danish, selectable courses are taught in English. Non Danish speakers are not disqualified for the role, and will be trained in Danish in order to participate in teaching at all levels.
The successful candidate is expected to take a lead position in teaching and innovation within the field.
Emphasis is placed on applicants having the potential to develop the subject area and have documented original scientific production at international level. The qualification requirements are contributions in several of the areas:
- documented and successful industrial experience demonstrating high level innovation impact within the field of Electrical Power engineering
- significant and active participation in both national and international innovation and education fora, publications in international journals.
- significant input in the field of teaching in several of the following areas: establishment of new courses, renewal of teaching activities, preparation of teaching materials, as well as publications in international teaching journals.
- significant experience and input in the field of education in several of the following fields: planning and implementation of study programmes, evaluation of study programmes, undertaking of management duties for study programmes, supplementary training in didactics, active participation in both national and international education fora, publications in international education journals.
In the assessment of the candidates, consideration will be given to
- the ability to teach
- experience with innovation activities
- an all-round experience basis, including international experience '
- the ability to contribute to the development of the Department’s internal and external cooperation
Consideration will also be given to:
- professional experience in several of the following fields: Electric Power and Energy systems, Energy systems, Protection and control systems, Grid modelling, design and optimization strategies, and Electricity and Energy markets
- experience with practical implementation of digital control in energy systems.
- experienced with successful teaching and education development and implementation.
- experience in design and architecture in digital control of energy systems, Intelligent energy systems and Communication
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union.
Further information may be obtained from Head of Department Lars Christoffersen, +45 3588 5031.
You can read more about DTU Diplom at http://www.diplom.dtu.dk/english
Please submit your online application no later than 28 August 2017. Apply at www.career.dtu.dk
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link ‘Apply online’, fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter) addressed to the President
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
- List of publications
- H-index, and ORCID (see e.g. http://orcid.org/)
- Documentation for teaching experience (e.g. in the form of a teaching portfolio)
- A plan for future research
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Head of Department
Hvem er Danmarks Tekniske Universitet?
DTU is a technical university providing internationally leading research, education, innovation, and scientific advice. Our staff of 5,800 advance science and technology to create innovative solutions that meet the demands of society; and our 10,600 students are being educated to address the technological challenges of the future. DTU is an independent academic university collaborating globally with business, industry, government, and public agencies.