Local Unit & Position Description
The Next Generation Production System (NGPS) is Business Assurance’s main software tool supporting all core processes including marketing, sales, fulfilment, and invoicing. The objectives of NGPS include improving customer experience, increasing process efficiency, and aligning internal processes. NGPS is also the foundation for innovative digital service delivery and generation of new revenue streams, which are both two key digital initiatives of Business Assurance.
The further improve the NGPS development and deployment, the NGPS program needs to be strengthened with a product owner for the Auditor Application and Configuration management.
- The Auditor App is a custom application built on top of Oracle Service Cloud. Its ambition is to be the single interface for the auditors when visiting customers, writing reports and interacting with the back office administration.
- Configuration management is the timely orchestration of configuration data across multiple loosely coupled systems and stakeholders with the objective that NGPS is utilised in its best way. The assignment envisions the creation of a custom config hub application to robustly form and support a process form driven mostly by business resources with minimal interaction required from technical resources.
The Product Manager represents the “voice of the customer” by maintaining and prioritizing the backlog to ensure that the development team is working on stories that maximize business value and deliver necessary fixes and functionality to all customers within designated budgets. The product owner is ultimately responsible that the assigned products are fit for purpose and meets their expectations.
The role is a full time position and is type casted as a project. As a starting point it is designed to be a temporary position to last for two years. The role will be reporting into the NGPS program manager.
- Draft key objectives and strategies for a product to maximise business impact in general and increase process efficiency specifically.
- To be accountable for a created product(s) aligning understanding and delivery with the business organisation.
- Inspire and motivate the development teams to deliver innovative and exciting solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Develop appropriately detailed specifications for product features so that they are clearly understood by the development teams
- Work with key stakeholders across Business Assurance to ensure successful product releases.
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- To define the development / release plan and scope together with the business analyst and technical lead from the system integrator.
- To raise risks / impediments to program management team.
- To serve as the single voice on all important matters related to the product and translate weekly scrum reports for broader audiences.
- Effective and appropriately prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation
- Clear defined acceptance criteria per feature
- Effective agile development processes (Scrum and Agile Hybrid) and cross functional communication
- Effective operating project organisation and excellent project execution according to scope, time and cost budgets
- Efficient and Effective business process improvement and promotion of continuous improvement
- 3-5 years of strong experience in operational delivery organizations.
- Ability to effectively communicate with system integrators and software developers
- Good understanding of software development methodologies and processes. Must understand and possibly challenge deliveries from software development.
- Strong problem solving, project management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a very structured, accurate and responsible manner and to work collaboratively within diversified project teams
- Ability to deliver within time and budget constraints
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, written and spoken
- Service oriented mentality and a high sense of ownership of the issues and requests assigned
- A desire to deliver quality
- Knowledge of Oracle based suites are of advantage
If you're interested in applying, please submit your CV and cover letter in English.
Kindly be informed you may be requested to provide DNV with additional documents for a background check.
You will be hired on local conditions.
Interviews will be held on an on-going basis.
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We are one of the world’s leading certification, assurance and risk management providers. Whether certifying a company’s management system or products, providing training, or assessing supply chains, and digital assets, we enable customers and stakeholders to make critical decisions with confidence. We are committed to support our customers to transition and realize their long-term strategic goals sustainably, and collectively contributing to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
Hvem er DNV?
DNV is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.