We are looking for an ambitious and knowledgeable Principle Engineer Windows Backend (AD and email) located in Oslo / Norway. This role related to Windows Services in DNV’s hybrid model (on premise AD, Azure AD, O365 and other Cloud based Services) is a key role developing the DNV IT platform further whilst delivering excellent and secure IT services to DNV. You will work in close interaction with our global IT organization and business stakeholders. DNV has a Digitalization Strategy driving towards Cloud Services with Security excellence as basic condition.
Your key tasks and deliveries:
We expect a leading member of our Windows team to have an in depth (Senior Engineer level) understanding of Windows Services in the Hybrid setup regarding operational, security and architectural aspects. The key responsibilities will be:
- Coordinate the Virtual Team Windows AD and email (with 12 members across the globe) regarding operational Windows Services delivery as well as contribution to Projects.
- Be the Group Lead for the colleagues the Høvik / Norway and Gdynia / Poland based Windows backend team (6 people)
- Work closely with other virtual teams in GSS IT in order to deliver and improve the operational IT Services in the Windows Backend scope – but also other IT Infrastructure Services
- Actively Participate in development activities in the Cloud Infrastructure scope
- Be an Advisor and Consultant for the DNV Business and IT Colleagues regarding their requirements and solutions in the hybrid setup
- Be part of the CSIRT activities related to Windows Services
We are looking for a candidate with a strong technical background and a “doing mindset” with the ability to deliver, maintain and develop windows services. The candidate should also have the following experiences and qualities:
- Senior level proficiency in the Windows hybrid services – especially in Active Directory (on premise and MS Azure) and Office 365
- Ability to manage and participate in multiple projects, manage priorities, manage timelines and escalate issues as needed
- Self-motivated, proactive and takes ownership
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
- Promotes service delivery and customer-centric mindset and culture
- Be familiar with MS Azure Cloud Infrastructure solutions
- Excellent communication skills in English, verbal and written
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in risk management and assurance, with almost 12,000 employees operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
The Global Shared Services (GSS) organization within DNV GL provides high quality, cost effective services and processes within Human Resources, Finance and IT, based on requirements defined by the business areas and Group. GSS also develops central competence for distinct services, projects and development and will support policy, procedures and system implementation on a global, regional, and local level.
GSS is about bringing a team of true process experts together, going for professional service levels at industry standards, and offering centers of expertise for competence based advisory. We are driven by people’s competence and motivation to help and support the business areas. As a member of the GSS community you act in a professional, multi-cultural, competent and service oriented environment with good possibilities to enhance your personal competencies and expertise, and to build a strong network with colleagues around the world.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
Hvem er DNV?
DNV is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.