IFE's Wind Energy Department has worked with wind energy R&D as primary focus for over 40 years and we are now looking for a creative and skilled Post doc that wants to contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of offshore wind turbine control systems.
The department of Wind Energy
- Offshore wind turbines has been the primary focus the last 12 years.
- We work closely with both industry, research institutes and universities.
- We have significant experience with most offshore wind turbine concepts, both bottom fixed and floating.
- We develop and/or analyze complete offshore wind turbines or their components.
- We assist engineering, enabling them do what they want themselves.
- We develop and sell our own state of the art offshore wind turbine simulations software 3DFloat, which is one of the most advanced such tools today.
- We measure our success by our impact on the offshore wind industry.
- Our goal is to enable our industry partners to produce new values of a significant magnitude for society.
Duties and responsibilities
- The primary job is to do R&D in the KPN UPSCALE project that target the 20MW floating offshore wind turbines of the future:
- Project partners: NTNU, University of Texas, Equinor, Aibel, Dr. Techn Olav Olsen, GCE NODE, Energy Valley and The Research Council of Norway
- Project starts now and runs out 2023
- The focus of the post doc is on development, implementation and evaluation of offshore wind turbine control systems that optimize both structural loads and wind farm power production
- Participate in other offshore wind turbine R&D projects both with industry, research institutes and universities.
- PhD degree or equivalent competence relevant for the described work on offshore wind turbine controllers
- Competence within numerical modelling of wind turbines is desirable
- Competence within programming
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Norwegian communication skills is an advantage
- Ability to work well both independently and in teams
- Creative, curios and goal driven
We can offer
- A stimulating work environment with skilful, experienced, and creative colleagues
- Well-established national and international scientific and industrial networks
- A large degree of autonomy and flexible working hours
- Salary according to agreement
Social benefits including pension, life insurance and accident Insurance
We place great emphasis on your personal suitability for the position. IFE is subject to the National Security Act, and the candidate must be able to pass a background check and must be able to obtain security clearance and authorization.
Hvem er Institutt for Energiteknikk (IFE)?
Research for a better future.
IFE is an independent research foundation based in Norway at Kjeller and in Halden. We are in the forefront internationally in several fields within digital technologies, material and process technology, flow and analysis technologies, radiopharmaceutical technology and nuclear technology. IFE develops new solutions for the industry and public sector in over 30 countries. IFE is host to the international OECD Halden Project. We are about 600 employees and the annual turnover is about NOK 1 billion. Read more about IFE at www.ife.no/en