Local Unit & Position Description
Are you passionate about secure software development? Join us in developing the Veracity platform!
We are seeking Software Developers to take on the role of Platform Developers for Veracity.
Veracity's mission is to develop, operate and attract customers to an open digital platform and ecosystem. Our customers are asset owners and analytic service providers within the maritime, energy, oil and gas industries.
The core product of the unit is Veracity, designed to help companies unlock, qualify, combine and prepare data for analytics and benchmarking. Veracity will give customers access to industrial applications and data analytics services that can help them make better use of their data.
Veracity today has 1 million service subscriptions from more than 150.000 users in more than 14.000 companies. Over 160 services are available in this ecosystem today, and it is growing rapidly!
You will be a part of an international, cross-functional team of 60+ engaged colleagues that provide platform capabilities for the data industry.
- Design software on the roadmap for Veracity in collaboration with product managers, designers and architects
- Code secure software components, primarily back end
- Implementation of robust set of internal and external platform APIs to power customers’ applications
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize software for speed and scalability
- Implementation of measures to secure our applications and data
- Working with team members in proactively addressing software quality
- Executing and contributing to improving existing DevSecOps processes, including test automation, CI/CD
- Perform peer code review
- Follow and contribute to improving established agile framework, development guidelines etc.
- You hold a Master or Bachelor Degree in Computer Science.
- You have experience with Microsoft Azure (Azure AD, PaaS services, API management, app service environments), and some experience with software architecture and design patterns.
- You should be acquainted with OAUTH2.0 and have knowledge of application security best practices such as OWASP, SANS and ISF.
- Finally, you have experience with agile methodologies.
- Additional qualifications that could be a plus:
- Microservice architectures, experience with event driven software architectures, typescript, Python
- Distributed system design
- Data engineering and/or data science experience
- You are a team player, agile, self-driven and thrive for opportunities to put your skills and personality to use creating customer value
- You can assume responsibility for a goal and lead a team to execute on it
- You are confident in your own competence, at the same time aware of your limitations
- You are a believer in the power of technology and understand how it transforms our industries and customer’s business models
- You are structured, flexible and result oriented
- You follow established procedures and guidelines, but can also create new ones for others to follow
- You have good communication skills, verbally and written, and are a quick learner
- You understand the importance of collaboration and utilizing personal networks
- You are sociable, create a good atmosphere and recognize that feedback is the fuel of high performing teams
- Strong company culture with emphasis on competence development
- Great colleagues who value teamwork and support
- Attractive total compensation package
- 6 weeks annual vacation
- Interesting and challenging tasks
- International working environment
- Flexible working hours and focus on work/life balance
We are located beautifully close to the sea and can offer a wide variety of benefits like sport clubs with access to sailboats, kayaks, tennis court etc. and techy interest groups like “IoT makers space” - to widen your personal and professional horizon and stay fit in the process! We have company cabins and many social events and happenings.
Work location is at the company HQ just outside Oslo at Høvik with easy connection via train to Sandvika or Skøyen, and free shuttle buses to the Veritas Centre from both Sandvika and Skøyen.
We will start interviewing continuously when we will find suitable candidates.
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.