I guess you are since you are reading this - and I would advise you to grab a cup of coffee and keep reading, since this is a great opportunity in a truly dedicated company. We are looking for skilled developers, both junior and senior, with a burning desire to create high quality software solutions. You´ll be based in their brand new office in Oslo city center, and the position is permanent.ABOUT THE ROLE
Greenbird offers a perfect opportunity to join a steadily growing company focusing on a sustainable and durable market. They offer ready-to-use big data integration applications for smart grid, smart city and the industrial Internet of Things (IoT). The Norwegian, cutting edge software company that you will be a part of is about to become a major international software provider. Not afraid of swimming with sharks? Join Greenbird and do something amazing every day!
Greenbird is disrupting the established system integrator business model and is changing the game for enterprise integration to empower the Internet of Everything (IoE). Utilities will play a vital role for smart cities. Smart metering will enable digital utilities to support new consumption profiles and emerging market models. Smart utilization of data is crucial for supporting clean and economic cities. Greenbird support utilities during the transformation towards becoming digital utilities.
Greenbirds Metercloud.io, a state-of-the-art integration solution, supports the transformation towards digital utilities by enabling advanced smart metering.
Greenbird manages some of the most challenging and mission-critical integration projects at major enterprises. You will be given exciting challenges in your field of expertise, attractive opportunities for personal development and lots of fun among the people working at Greenbird today. Be part of a highly skilled team of both backend and frontend developers. Greenbird value work-satisfaction, autonomy and personal development and show great faith in their employees. You will have the opportunity to design advanced integration solutions directly relating to the smart metering and energy arena.
You will work in an Agile team environment where you will be involved in all aspects of development of products, from analysis and architectural design to software implementation and testing, developing highly scalable and robust backend services in a cloud environment.
- Work with modern technologies, such as Kotlin, Scala and other JVM based programming languages. You will face actor frameworks such as AKKA and work with running production services on container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Designing distributed integration solutions with JVM based programming languages on containerized platforms
- Implement and build the designed solutions for our customers
- Delivery of reliable services to our customers using DevOps methodology
- Build software and solutions resilient services using metrics to provide operational insights.
- Cloud infrastructure and infrastructure as code
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or similar technical field or equivalent work experience
- Strong programming skills within the Java programming language
- Experience with agile development methodology and test-driven development
- Fluent in English
The ideal candidate will have strong interest in programming an eagerness to learn. Primarily we are looking for a good programmer with extensive programming skills. Personal characteristics will dominate throughout the selection process, and we seek you who take initiative, are naturally engaged in what you do and always see your duties through. New challenges and opportunities is something you throw yourself into, continuously developing both personal and company competence. You have a positive mindset and you want to contribute to an innovative environment.
Hvem er Academic Work?
Vi i Academic Work jobber med å finne karrieremuligheter til young professionals – personer som er i starten av sin karriere eller ønsker å bytte karrierevei. Young professionals er vår nisje, vårt ekspertområde og en målgruppe vi tror sterkt på. Vi er et internasjonalt selskap med 20 års erfaring. Hittil har vi hjulpet 120.000 personer i jobb, og bare i Norge tilbyr vi over 1.200 karrieremuligheter i året.