DNV Energy Systems Northern Europe seeks to employ a bright and passionate individual to be part of the onshore wind team. This position will be located in Norway.
As a Wind Energy Consultant you will become a part of international Team of Advisors. We are providing technical reports and consulting related to due-diligence, bankability reviews, construction monitoring and other services for onshore wind turbine technologies.
You will be able to apply your project management and technical skills to a rapidly growing and prospering renewable energy technology consulting field. You will be responsible for providing project deliverables according to high-quality standards of DNV, maintaining interactions and providing ongoing support to our Customers.
In your work you will:
Deliver wind energy consulting services targeted towards project developers, lenders and investors and primarily related to commercial and utility-scale onshore wind projects
- Participate in wind projects technical due diligences
- Conduct technical reviews of wind projects and provide opinions regarding potential flaws in process or technology
- Conduct independent review of designs, testing/commissioning procedures and QA/QC documentation
- Conduct site visits and construction monitoring activities
- Project management and interfacing with customers to discuss results and risk mitigation measures;
- Work in close collaboration with experienced global pool of consultants and engineers in Europe and across the globe.
To maximize your chances, you need:
- University degree or equivalent technical education (e.g. in mechanical/electrical/industrial/civil engineering) with strong analytical skills
- Professional experience in due diligence work, preferably on wind turbine projects
- Knowledge on wind projects development and construction
- Excellent English skills (both spoken and written)
- Ability to compose clear and accurate reports in English and Norwegian
- Valid driver’s license (B)
- Willingness and ability to travel to wind farm sites, conferences, clients, and internal meetings
- Diligent style of working
- Team oriented but must be a self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task
- Project Management skills, good organizational and effective time management skills as you may be required to handle multiple projects
- Self-motivated, proactive, high sense of responsibility and personal integrity
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing consulting environment
- Able to maintain confidentiality, be detail oriented and disciplined
- Confident manner, independent and structured way of acting
- Excellent communication skills and confidence in speaking with customers
- A meaningful job with one of Norway’s most attractive employer
- Strong company culture with emphasis on competence development
- Great colleagues who value teamwork and support
- Attractive total compensation package
- International working environment
- Flexible working hours and focus on work/life balance
- Interesting and challenging projects, both national and international
- Be part of a world-leading company that has a global reach with more than 12 000 employees around to world and is headquartered in Norway.
- The possibility to grow and develop your competencies and ambitions within DNV
For more detail contact:
Mathias Steck, Service Area Manager Renewables Northern Europe +49 1718 675 552
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
Service Area Manager Renewables Northern Europe
Hvem er DNV?
DNV is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.