Local Unit & Position Description
We are looking for a candidate with a passion for the growth prospects of the ocean economy, its capacity for future employment creation and innovation, and its role in addressing global challenges.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in ocean science and technology with the ability to take a holistic view at industry growth and sustainable ocean management across different industries, including new ocean-based value chains. A solid understanding of the key enablers and constraints to growth of these industries will be important in order to support the development of a global model and forecast for ocean-based industries. Additionally, as the research group has a particular focus on the sustainable ocean food value chain, specific knowledge and experience from this industry will be a strong advantage.
You will be part of the Ocean Space Programme in Group Technology and Research, a multidisciplinary research team that works across several business areas and research programs in DNV GL to bring new insight and services to DNV GLs ocean related activities.
As an Ocean Researcher, your competencies will be crucial in further developing Ocean-related research in DNV GL. You will have the opportunity to influence how DNV GL innovates and works with risks and opportunities for ocean-based industries and key tasks include:
Advancing our work on forecasting and modelling the future of the ocean economy
Applying your knowledge and skills to exploring new technologies and ocean value chains
Engaging with clients to understand industry needs and piloting solutions
Building international networks externally and internally with key people in the field
Collaborate with top academic personnel and participate in multi-partner research activities
- Master’s degree or higher in ocean sciences or ocean engineering
- Strong computational and analytic competencies
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Python is an advantage
- Minimum 5 years of experience with/from Ocean food or other relevant ocean industry
- Experience with strategic research and development projects; including project management experience
- Experience with ocean policy and strategy work
- Specific experience with the modelling of human-biological-technical-economical systems at the global level will be an advantage
- Fluency in English written and spoken
- Solution oriented, with ability to work both independently and in teams
- Holistic thinker and able to apply own knowledge and skills in new areas
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Technically strong in own discipline, eager to share knowledge as well as acquire new knowledge
- Open to transition into our business area in the longer run to apply innovation more directly with customers
What we offer:
- Strong company culture with emphasis on technology and competence development
- Great colleagues who value teamwork and support
- International working environment
- Attractive salary and benefits package
- 30 days annual vacation
- Flexible working hours and focus on work/life balance
- Social events, sports and team building activities
- Scenic work environment by the Oslo fjord
For more information about the position, please contact:
Bente Pretlove, Program Director, DNV GL GTR Ocean Space Programme, Bente.email@example.com
Program Director DNV GL GTR Ocean Space Programme
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.