As a software developer, you will join a team providing broadcasters and service providers around the globe with world-class products for media transport over any type of network, such as content for major sport events and live TV events. Some of the world's largest media network are built on Nevion's technologies - including AT&T, Arqiva, BBC, BT, CCTV, EBU, TDF, Telefonica, Telenor og NASA. You will be joining the team developing leading management platforms, which is a fully integrated system providing an innovative new approach for management of media networks.
You will be working with their Management Systems, widely used by several broadcasters to control their video activity. The system has a new and innovative approach to handling media networks, and provides managed services, customer access control, data consolidation across the entire network. In addition to that, it provides a service perspective on broadcast operations. Features like network path finding and in-advance bookings are essential components in the system, and they base their Architecture on recent cloud computing technologies.
In 2015 Nevion won the Technical and Engineering Emmy® award, and they recently won the Digital Media World award for the best IP based production. Have you heard of the new Stars Wars movie, Solo? Some of the technology used in the filmmaking is from Nevion.
You will work in an Agile/Scrum team environment and will be involved in all aspects of development of products; analysis, design, implementation, testing and installation with customers. Nevion uses Scala as a primary programming language, but would also expect you to be eager when it comes to learning other technologies as well.
As a developer, you will take part in the following activities:
- All product development phases, from analysis and architectural design to software implementation and testing.
- Work with the latest audio/video networking and computing technologies.
- Develop software and solutions in all areas from hardware device communication to audiovisual signal processing and high-level management applications.
- You will face technologies like RESTful APIs, XML/JSON, networking protocols, databases, functional programming, test-driven development and continuous integration and deployment.
The ideal candidate has a strong interest in programming an is to learn. Primarily we are looking for a good programmer and hope you can relate to some of the following attributes:
- Enthusiasm about new technology
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Personally dedicated to excellence
- Excellent teamwork skills
- A great deal of programming experience
You also have a higher degree of education, such as bachelor, master, or PhD degree, preferably with grades you are proud of and in a relevant field.
- Location: Lysaker, Oslo
- Start date: As soon as possible
- When applying: Please submit your resume, motivation letter and grades
- Deadline: 18th of March
You are welcome to contact Catalina Enes or Morten Kristoffersen at Academic Work if you have any questions concerning the position or the process.
Nevion can offer an international working environment, were their people can be described as knowledgeable, respective, nerds and programmers. Moreover, people tend to stay at Nevion and I guess it is because they enjoy working together and by doing that creating some really cool hardware and software solutions! Join our award winning-group of developers by sending in your application today!
Hvem er Academic Work?
Vi i Academic Work jobber med å finne karrieremuligheter til young professionals – personer som er i starten av sin karriere eller ønsker å bytte karrierevei. Young professionals er vår nisje, vårt ekspertområde og en målgruppe vi tror sterkt på. Vi er et internasjonalt selskap med 20 års erfaring. Hittil har vi hjulpet 120.000 personer i jobb, og bare i Norge tilbyr vi over 1.200 karrieremuligheter i året.