Global IT provides IT services to all Business units in PGS. Our services are provided through a network infrastructure covering more than 15 office locations and 8 vessels, and our IT staff is currently present in 6 PGS offices around the world. The work within Global IT is process driven and organized using an ITIL framework.
To strengthen our global network team, we are looking for a Network Engineer to be based in our Oslo office, with some travel to our offices and vessels. The position reports to the Resource Manager EAME.
- Contribute in the support and maintenance of Cisco based local and enterprise data networks (WAN, LAN, WLAN).
- Provide technical support and ongoing maintenance of the company’s IP telephony systems.
- Maintain and Support our vessel satellite communications systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve network related issues.
- Maintain and use network monitoring solutions to characterize network performance and predict impacts due to network changes.
- Work and coordinate activities with third party vendors and suppliers.
- Recommend tools and develop procedures to monitor, analyse and baseline data networks performance as well as applications.
- Some travel to other offices and vessels will be required.
- Bachelor/Master of Computer Sciences or similar with special emphasis in Computers, Electronics/ Telecommunications, Systems or Other Engineering. Broad experience may replace some lack of formal education.
- Minimum 3 years business experience of LAN/WAN required
- Experience in network configuration management and deployment processes in a 24x7 production environment
- Experience with Cisco is required.
- Experience with CUCM is an advantage
- Experience in implementing/configuring switches and/or routers.
- CCNA/CCNP certifications are desired.
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Dynamic and international working environment
- Challenging development opportunities
- The opportunity to work with compact teams and an interesting infrastructure in our offices and on our vessels.
Resource Manager EAME
Hvem er Petroleum Geo-Services - PGS?
PGS is a leading marine geophysical company. We provide 3D images and models of the subsurface that oil companies rely on to find oil and gas reserves. Our business is technology driven. Our services include seismic acquisition, imaging, data interpretation, and field evaluation. Our fleet of seismic acquisition vessels is the youngest and most advanced in the industry. While we are a Norwegian company, with headquarters in Oslo and around 15 offices worldwide, including London and Houston, our employees and working environment are highly international. Offshore and onshore, PGS employs around 1250 people comprising over 60 nationalities. English is our working language.