The Software & Data Solutions Team develops the systems, infrastructure & software that enable Laerdal, the Program Teams, & our Product Teams to deliver Programs & other learning solutions. We also work with other Laerdal product teams to develop the new SW & systems capabilities they need. We are searching for an App Developer that will become the Digital Product Expert on all apps belonging to one such product team – the Healthcare Responders Team.
The Healthcare Responders Team focus on driving quality improvement of CPR skills for healthcare providers in both training and clinical settings (from pre –hospital ambulance service EMTs to hospital physicians). Products developed within this team include Resusci Anne-, Resusci Junior- and Resusci Baby Manikins in all configurations which is used to train BLS, ACLS and PALS skills. The team has also professional CPR guidance devices in its portfolio.
The role encompasses the following responsibilities:
- Creating Digital Prototypes and iterations for use with customers within the concept phase
- Understanding user requirements and how they translate in application features
- Collaborate with PM, interaction designer and embedded developers to create iterations and working prototypes within the concept phase of the development process
- Collaborate with other SW developers in Laerdal to establish common interfaces and ensure consistency between solutions
- Write source code for each iteration which could be used later in the development process
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing in conjunction with the development team
- Troubleshoot and debug applications following release
- Evaluate existing applications to reprogram, update and add new features
- Administrate Laerdal apps in Google Play / App Store
We are looking for a skilled and motivated resource with excellent understanding of software design and programming principles. You have:
- A Bachelor level ideally BSc/BA in computer science or relevant field
- 3-5 years of practical experience as application developer ideally within the medical device/medical education or educational technology field,
- In-depth knowledge of programming for diverse operating systems and platforms using development tools
- Experience in designing and building applications and ability to program in at least one programming language such as C#, Java (J2EE) or similar
- Knowledge of Digital Design and technical features, also technical product requirements
- Certified application developer is a plus
The position reports to the Technical Team Manager for Software & Data Solutions, Stavanger.
Send application and a CV to email@example.com no later than February 28th 2018. Please type “App Developer – Healthcare Responders” along with your name.
Technical Team Manager/Software & Data Solutions
Hvem er Laerdal Medical AS?
Laerdal Medical is an international market leader in training and therapy products for emergency medicine and critical care. Our products and services are used by hospitals, ambulance services, simulation centers, educational institutions and others around the world. We are a dynamic and energetic organization consisting of people from a wide variety of cultures and backgrounds. By 2020, we have a goal of helping save 500,000 more lives. Every year.