As part of our continued growth, we are looking to recruit a technical and experienced Active Medical Device Assessor / Lead Auditor in Europe. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and conducting audits / assessments against the manufacturing of medical devices, in accordance with ISO 13485, MDD 93/42/EEC, MDR 745/2017 and MDSAP standards, enabling the delivery of assessment and certification services that meet customer requirements and appropriate accreditation standards.
- Conduct assessments (either desk-based or on client’s sites) in accordance with established procedures, maintaining a high standard of service delivery that ensures effective customer relationships.
- Conduct Technical File reviews specific for products being authorized.
- Complete all chargeable work within the required budget and timeframes to ensure customer satisfaction and efficiency of the business.
- Complete specific projects in relation to medical device procedures, processes, systems and documentation as requested by the Medical Devices Operations Manager.
- If required, undertake reviews of packs and make certification decisions within target timescales and in line with DNV policies and accreditation/approval requirements.
- Project manage auditing teams, as appropriate, to maximize efficiencies, enhance client satisfaction and ensure compliance with standards.
Assessor / Auditor shall have a technical college degree in a relevant product or medical area, as described below.
- Computer and Software Technology
- Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical or Bioengineering
- Medical Technology
In addition to a relevant educational degree, the candidate must have a minimum 4 years’ work experience (full time) in a medical device related industry, with at least 2 of these years in the design, manufacturing, testing or use of the device in which they are qualified to Audit / Assess, and/or experience as an assessor in a notified body (full five technical documentation assessments).
As part of this work experience, risk management experience should be covered:
- Practical experience in conducting pre-clinical testing or assessing preclinical data with medical devices in one or more of the following areas such as biological safety, physical, chemical and microbiological characterization, stability, shelf life, performance and safety
A PhD in a relevant area for medical devices can substitute 3 years of work experience provided it includes 2 years’ experience in design, manufacture or testing.
To be considered for this role, you will have professional experience in a relevant field of healthcare products or related activities, for example:
- Work in medical devices industry or closely related industries (e.g. pharmaceutical industry) in a research and development, manufacturing, quality management or regulatory affairs capacity
- Work in health services, universities, foundations or other institutions carrying out inspections, audits, clinical evaluations, experimental and/or clinical research, including notified bodies
- Work in the application of device technology and its use in health care services and with patients
- Testing devices for compliance in accordance to the relevant national or international standards
- Conducting performance testing, evaluation studies or clinical trials of devices
- Programming (Software) experience would be beneficial
In addition to the above you’ll also need to demonstrate the following;
- An excellent working knowledge of medical device management systems, standards and medical device compliance/auditing techniques
- Work experience in positions with significant QA Regulatory or management systems responsibility
- Experience with Harmonized medical device standards for active & non active medical devices
- Experience with Risk Management EN ISO 14971
- Experience with Sterilization techniques (such as ETO, Gamma, Steam, Dry Heat) and formal qualification desirable
- Medical device experience from auditing/work
- Experience auditing against recognized standards
- Experience of working under own initiative and in planning and prioritizing workloads
- Solid knowledge of medical devices
- Should have a flair for technical writing, essential for exhaustive report writing
If you're interested in applying, please submit your CV and cover letter in English.
Kindly be informed you may be requested to provide DNV with additional documents for a background check.
You will be hired on local conditions.
Interviews will be held on an on-going basis.
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is a global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1864, DNV is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. We encourage new ideas, we welcome people who challenge the way we do things, and we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
DNV Product Assurance AS is an accredited Certification Body and MDR approved Notified Body for Medical Devices and Hazardous Area Equipment. We provide global market access by testing and certifying the safety and quality of products and systems to international safety and quality standards and regulations. Our high professional standards and our sustainable approach guarantee you a forward-thinking work environment, within an organisation that invests in its employees, and is committed to providing you with continued development.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
Hvem er DNV?
DNV is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.