The successful candidate will Lead and contribute on Research & Development activities of moderate to high complexity, providing new and pioneering technology to the PGS Business Units. The position will include some contribution to support & sustaining of commercialized R&D products. The position involves project management and leadership as well as contributing in a project engineer capacity.
- Lead or contribute to R&D projects / activities of medium to high complexity, all according to business needs and defined Performance Contract goals.
- Assist in sustaining commercialized products / solutions. l
- Lead all project development phases including requirement specification, architecture design, execution, testing and validation through to commercialization.
- Establish contact with subcontractors and negotiate contractual terms and agreements.
- Continuously following up subcontractors and internal stakeholders.
- Follow PGS HSEQ Management policies and procedures.
- MSc or equivalent relevant higher education within the discipline of Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience.
Skills and competencies:
- Project management experience.
- Experience with Product Lifetime Management Systems and CAD systems.
- Knowledge of materials and structural analysis.
- Desire to learn and progress, with a strong focus on quality, efficiency and achieving high levels of client satisfaction.
- Creative, dynamic and good analytical skills.
- Ability to work in teams and independently.
- Good skills in verbal and written English language.
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Dynamic and international working environment
- Challenging development opportunities
Hvem er Petroleum Geo-Services - PGS?
PGS is a leading marine geophysical company. We provide 3D images and models of the subsurface that oil companies rely on to find oil and gas reserves. Our business is technology driven. Our services include seismic acquisition, imaging, data interpretation, and field evaluation. Our fleet of seismic acquisition vessels is the youngest and most advanced in the industry. While we are a Norwegian company, with headquarters in Oslo and around 15 offices worldwide, including London and Houston, our employees and working environment are highly international. Offshore and onshore, PGS employs around 1250 people comprising over 60 nationalities. English is our working language.