Founded in 2016, ALVA has grown to almost thirty people with reliable funding and an ingenious and patented production technology with proven superiority over conventional alternatives. FiberPrinting™ enables the production of low-weight, high-efficiency electric motors and generators for a wide range of applications, reflecting our true purpose. We do not just enhance electric motors and generators. We enhance electric cars, ships and airplanes, UAVs, medical equipment, robots, satellites and so much more. We enhance the world.
We are currently engaged in several international long-term projects and are now commercializing our products in the rapidly growing Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) market. We are therefore expanding our team to include several new positions, including a Mechanical Engineer for thermal design.
We are searching for a Mechanical Engineer with the skills needed to design, develop, and analyse thermal solutions in electrical motors and generators. You will be a part of a team that develops best-in-class electric machines for exciting applications such as UAVs, UUVs and heavy land-vehicles. The position will entail a diverse mix of tasks based around both thermal and fluid flow simulation as well as the mechanical design required to implement your thermal solutions into the finished product.
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience in using Ansys CFX to model fluid flow and heat transfer in complex multi-body assemblies but also the background knowledge of mechanical design required to transition their thermal concepts into technical drawings that are designed for manufacture.
This role is ideally suited to an Engineer who has a strong interest in all aspects of product design and enjoys owning projects from initial concept right through to the testing of the final product. An ability and willingness to learn new engineering skills in areas of the design process outside of their core thermal simulation experience is essential.
- Development of new cooling solutions for next-generation electric motors or drive systems
- Analysis of electrical machines including structural, thermal, and fluid behavior
- Creation of 3D CAD, technical documentation, and drafting drawings for components
- Problem interpretation and solution generation
- Plan and oversee any testing that may be required to validate simulation models
You should preferably have at least 3 years of relevant professional experience, although exceptional graduates with time spent in relevant internships will also be considered. Experience in the field of electric machine design would be a strong advantage.
- Relevant engineering degree (B.Sc. or M.Sc.)
- Working knowledge of Ansys CFX or similar software.
- Able to create 3D models and 2D drawings using CAD
- Knowledge of GD&T and design for manufacture
- Experience of using rapid prototyping to test and validate concepts
- Working knowledge of coding in python or similar.
- Analytical - You have strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Practical skills - E.g. you can manufacture components for rapid prototypes
- Conscientious - You enjoy performing work thoroughly and until completion
- Handle complexity - You are able to solve complex problems and progress several projects in parallel
- Process oriented - You are able to turn reoccurring work into effective processes that require low maintenance
- High work capacity – You can step up when needed
- Motivated to improve – Ability to frequently evaluate your own performance, welcome criticism and reflect on your own reactions and thoughts.
You will become a member of a highly dedicated and committed startup that values teamwork, continuous personal development, a fast technical development pace, open and precise communication, and a professional work environment with room for recreational activities.
Aside from an intriguing opportunity and a welcoming work environment, we offer a competitive salary and stock options.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Hvem er Alva?
ALVA was founded to meet the growing global energy demand with renewable technologies. We develop electric generators for the production of clean energy and electric motors to convert this energy to motion. Believing that technological advancements and prosperity can in fact be both green and sustainable, we envision a world run solely on renewable, electric energy.