Local Unit & Position Description
Maritime Advisory supports customers in the maritime industry to mobilizing the full potential of their assets and operations. Our network of experts provides advisory services globally, and has the capabilities, experience and track record to deliver high value solutions. We put technical matters and business decisions into context to achieve the optimal solution – providing our customers the basis to make good decisions, and take action to achieve sustainable results.
We are now looking for a new colleague to strengthen our advisory team. The candidate will be employed within a unit in Maritime Advisory and be engaged in the 18 months maritime trainee programme organized by the Norwegian Shipowners Association starting in August 2020.
The right candidate will, among other roles, be involved in:
- Technical and economic analysis
- Project participation to assist customers in optimizing their operation
- Work with complex systems, and green technologies and solutions
- Development of digital tools and solutions, both internally and on behalf of our customers
- Using data to get insight and create customer value
- Marketing, sales and business development
We are looking for a colleague with:
- Fluent Scandinavian and fluent English oral and written
- M.Sc. or MBA or equivalent degree
- Basic ship knowledge and understanding of the maritime sector
- Related experience and interest within digitalization of shipping
- Interest in green technologies and alternative fuels
- Analytic and solution oriented skills
- Commercial and business oriented mindset
Junior candidates and students are welcome to apply.
Contact Information: Morten Lerø – Head of Maritime Advisory, tel. +47 90 94 95 48
Head of Maritime Advisory
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.