As an Engineer/Senior Engineer you will drive new developments and act as the technical authority and subject matter expert on Electronics, Power Electronics, System Design and Communication Protocols for Energy Storage Systems. This role will also manage the technology roadmap in this area keeping the business at the forefront of industry trends to ensure performance leadership and reduce costs.
- Excellent technical knowledge with demonstrable experience of delivering class leading Electronic & Power Electronic solutions to the market.
- Drive decisions and delivery on projects whilst working closely with other team members
- Perform design reviews and sign off designs and documents.
- Support bid tenders and pre-sales activities to ensure alignment with technical capabilities, strategy and ability to deliver.
- Liaise with and management of third-party organisations including customers, partners and suppliers.
- Attend relevant conferences or seminars to remain up to date with current technological development.
- Architect hardware design solutions.
- Participate in defining technology strategy in electronics and power electronics
- Accountable for technical solutions, deliverables and risk management to meet long-term business goals.
- Define technology based critical success factors, provide high-level direction and significant input to proposals.
- Interpret internal/external business issues and recommend solutions/best practices.
- Introduces radical improvements to business processes, where appropriate.
- Supervises research from a basic concept through to a feasibility proof, generating IP as appropriate.
- Directs time ensuring optimal use of skills and experience in providing most value to the business
- Develop policy with respect to safety and certifications and champion safe working practices.
- Assesses new products, clients and markets, representing the company externally in a thought leadership capacity.
Skills and Experience:
- Engineering, Electronics, Physics or other relevant field (or equivalent experience).
- Chartered Engineer status from a recognized professional engineering institution.
- Significant technical knowledge and expertise in inverter design, switchgear, monitoring, battery management and software with experience of design in high performance energy storage systems.
- Strong design, analytical and numerical skills.
Hvem er ECO HOME / ECO STOR?
ECO HOME / ECO STOR AS is a Norwegian start up company with offices in Oslo. The company have currently 10 to 15 employees and consultants working to enable affordable energy storage. From our offices in Oslo, we coordinate a internasjonal team with some of the very best industry experts in the field of batteries and energy storage. Agder Energi Venture invested in ECO HOME / ECO STOR in 2019 and by providing financial security and a extensive network of partners and projects we are now able to accelerate market introduction of our energy storage solutions utilizing Second Life electric vehicle batteries. In close collaboration with automotive OEMs we will distribute our energy storage units in residential and commercial buildings and also as container based units for grid support. The company have recently secured several contracts for deployment of systems and we are looking for new employees that would like to be part of a team that will shape the future for renewable energy.