Will you join our team in applied data science and artificial intelligence?
We are growing fast and looking for Senior to Principal Research Scientists with a curious and collaborative attitude who are energized to conduct research within applied artificial intelligence.
More specifically, we want you with deep knowledge or experience in:
- Reasoning and decision making: searching, optimization, constraints- / dynamic programming, heuristics algorithms and metaheuristics
- Perception and learning: disciplines of supervised- / unsupervised- / reinforcement learning, natural language processing, knowledge representation or explainable AI
- Modelling and data structures: modelling, simulation and estimation or digital twin, big data, cloud and container technology, distributed architectures
Where you will research for a better future within the domains:
- Smart City,
- Industry & Space
As a senior to principal research scientist, you will have a leading and permanent position where 100% of your time is dedicated to research activity. You will spend your time working with private and public parties to carry out applied research work, generating scientific publications, and seeking new research opportunities and funding. You will be surrounded by distinguished colleagues with multidisciplinary research backgrounds in an inclusive workplace with strong national and international networks in research and industry.
You should have:
- PhD and research focus in one or more of our highlighted research fields. Given our multidisciplinary focus, expertise in more than one of the fields would be advantageous
- A strong publication record in the last 5-10 years in these research fields
- A track record of successful grant proposal writing
- Track record of leading research projects through to success
- Strong international network
- You should be fluent in English
- You should be interested in creating research groups around your research interests and mentoring junior researchers
- A permanent position fully dedicated to research activity
- A very competitive salary with a good pension plan
- No compulsorily teaching
- Research tasks in fields that have great potential for large societal impact
- Considerable freedom to develop research projects in the direction of your interests
- A large degree of autonomy and flexible working hours
- A multidisciplinary work environment
- Access to state-of-the-art laboratories
- A well-established and wide ranging national and international network within research and industry
- A growing and healthy organisation that is focused on individual and group development
How to Apply?
The following application materials must be submitted through the IFE job application portal:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
Location: Halden in Norway. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd769TCkHRA
We place great emphasis on your personal suitability for the position. IFE is subject to the National Security Act, and the candidate must be able to pass a background check and must be able to obtain security clearance and authorization.
Hvem er Institutt for Energiteknikk (IFE)?
Research for a better future.
IFE is an independent research foundation based in Norway at Kjeller and in Halden. We are in the forefront internationally in several fields within digital technologies, material and process technology, flow and analysis technologies, radiopharmaceutical technology and nuclear technology. IFE develops new solutions for the industry and public sector in over 30 countries. IFE is host to the international OECD Halden Project. We are about 600 employees and the annual turnover is about NOK 1 billion. Read more about IFE at www.ife.no/en