We invite you to bring your expertise within hydrogen/e-fuels and process design of such plants, or gas and LNG terminals into play as you contribute to develop optimised, sustainable, innovative and efficient design solutions for our Clients . To succeed in this role you must have proven experience in process design within relevant industries as flair for feasibility and early phase studies. Experience within electrolysis and synthesis processes for e.g. methanol and ammonia will be highly valued. Are you our new Technical Safety Engineer? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds to solve the worlds climate challengeDo you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
Ramboll is the first Norwegian company and the first consulting engineering company in the world, which is certified according to the UN's 17 sustainability goals. We solve the world’s climate challenge.
You will join our Energy Market UnitAs our new Lead Process Engineer you will be part of a strong team of around 18 process experts located in Norway and Denmark. The team is a good mix of younger and more experienced colleagues with lots of interesting, challenging and varied projects to deliver in the near future within the Energy sector and participating in the transition to greener fuels such as Hydrogen, methanol and ammonia as well as CO2 storage and transport. We are a busy and energic team with a positive mindset always looking for the next challenge. We work both with early phase studies (Feasibility, Concept and FEED) but also on detailed design projects, mainly for onshore facilities within Hydrogen and Power to X technologies, Gas and LNG and also projects within CO2 transport and storage. Our projects are mostly in Denmark and Europe but also in other parts of the world.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Preparation of process related documentation for Concept or FEED studies; including process simulations, Heat & Material balance, Process and Utility Flow Diagrams (PFDs and UFDs), Piping & Instrumentation diagrams (PIDs) and system descriptions (process and utility systems).
- Design calculations and specification of process equipment, such as gas treatment, separators, compressors, valves and pumps. Flare and blowdown simulations
- Specialist studies to define feasible and suitable solutions or concepts for various process plants, e.g. debottlenecking studies.
- Preparation of hydraulic simulations and flow assurance studies
- Possibility to be involved in site supervision and assistance in commissioning and start-up
Your starting point for constant growthFrom the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Chemical Engineering
- Minimum 7 years of experience within Process Engineering, with special focus on the Power-to-X related sector or Gas/LNG sector
- Knowledge of Power-to-X technologies, with special focus on Hydrogen, will be highly valued.
- Experience within electrolysis and synthesis processes for e.g. methanol and ammonia will be highly very relevant
- Knowledge of LNG receiving terminals and cryogenic systems in general, regarding process equipment, design and technology
- Min. 3 years of experience in using Hysys, Unisim or equivalent process simulation software
- Previous experience with flow assurance studies and hydraulic simulations is valued
- Knowledge of applicable design codes and standards, such as API, NORSOK or relevant O&G company engineering standards
- Excellent English skills since this is our corporate language
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include:
self-driven, proactive and good team player. You like challenges, thrive in developing projects and new opportunities and providing valuable results to our clients. You are an excellent team worker with good communication skills as you will be working together with clients and colleagues. With your flexible mind-set and technical capabilities, you create innovative solutions and provide added value to our clients with high quality and respecting relevant deadlines..
Welcome to our Energy divisionRamboll is at the forefront of addressing the green transition and offers a holistic approach to energy that supports the sector on the journey towards more sustainable solutions. With 1,800 experts in 14 countries, covering the full spectrum of technologies and all parts of the value chain from production and transmission to distribution, we plan, design and implement energy solutions all over the world.
Ramboll in NorwayRamboll is the 4th largest engineering, design and consultancy company in Norway. Here, you can apply your professional passion for high quality and innovation to services like Sustainable Cities Development, Planning, Buildings, Railroads, Roads and Environmental Consulting. Together, we strive to create the right solutions for our clients, always exploring and considering new concepts, methods and technologies to deliver more value.
How to applyApply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.
Deadline: 15 January 2023.
Want to know more? Please contact Andre Smith, Country Market Director Energy, Norway +47 93401816.
Hvem er Rambøll?
Rambøll er en global samfunnsrådgiver med eksperter innen bygg, arkitektur & plan, transport, vann, miljø & helse, energi, olje & gass og management consulting. I Norge er vi 1500 medarbeidere fordelt på 16 kontorer og internasjonalt har vi totalt 15 000 medarbeidere lokalisert i 35 land. Sammen med våre kunder søker Rambøll mot nye løsninger som balanserer menneskelige og kommersielle behov. Slik inspirer vi hverandre til å se forbi det åpenbare - hver dag!