Local Unit & Position Description
With more than 80,000 certificates issued worldwide, our name evokes a strong commitment to safety, quality, and concern for the environment. For years, we have been the preferred certification partner for many Fortune 500 companies, as well as for medium and smaller businesses. With our extensive local presence, consolidated global experience across industries and acknowledged technical competence, we are an ideal partner for companies in all sectors. We partner with our customers to help them create value while meeting the world’s economic, social and environmental needs.
Through our certification, verification, assessment and training services, we assure the performance of our customers’ organisations, products, people, facilities, and supply chains. Working with companies in most industries, and some of the world’s leading brands, in practice, we are virtually everywhere.
Please visit our web site for more information about DNV GL Business Assurance.
We are now strengthening our Food & Beverage business with Lead Auditors for the Aquaculture industry, and are looking for professionals who want to make a difference to this exciting and innovative industry.
As a Lead Auditor, you will be responsible to support our aquaculture customers with your professional expertise and DNV GL’s methodology and approach within quality, traceability, sustainable products and process optimization. You will act as an independent third party through audits, verifications and inspections in accordance with needs and requirements in the industry. You will influence development of the aquaculture industry through management certification, assessment services and potentially also through training.
Being an Auditor for the Aquaculture industry in DNV GL will give you the opportunity to work with a very varied customer portfolio, both in terms of size and organizational set-up. You will work autonomously and in a customer-oriented way, but will always enjoy the benefits of a strong and supportive professional environment of colleagues.
You will get to know the Norwegian Aquaculture industry well, with all its opportunities and challenges, and gain insight into innovation processes and the latest technology developments. You will develop a large and unique network of contacts and build relationships with professionals who are also dedicated to ensuring sustainable seafood for future generations.
Apart from required training and qualification, we have performance management processes in place to ensure you will have the opportunity to develop yourself both professionally and personally within our organization. You will experience competence development within various fields and professional development within management and control. If you are interested, you may have the opportunity to develop yourself as a trainer.
- Minimum bachelor degree within Aquaculture
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the Aquaculture industry
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in Norwegian and English
- Practical experience from farm production and food processing
- Documented HACCP training (or part as formal education)
- Documented Hygiene training (or part as formal education)
- Practical auditing experience in management systems (e.g ISO9001, ISO22K, ISO14001, GLOBALG.A.P. IFA, ASC Salmon Standard, NYTEK, NS9415 or equivalent)
- Audit/inspection experience
- Extended network within Aquaculture
- Good understanding of Scandinavian languages
- Spanish is an advantage
- Autonomous and self-directed
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Pragmatic and solution-oriented
- Flexible and open to digital change and challenges
- Willing and able to travel
- Passionate about the Aquaculture industry
- Committed to ensure quality and sustainability in the industry
- A competitive compensation and benefit package
- DNV GL training and qualification program
- Norwegian office location to be agreed upon
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.