If you have a genuine interest in people and HR matters, you are keen to develop a deep understanding in HR processes, you have an eye for detail and proven interpersonal skills, this is the right position for you. CERN, take part!
The HR People eXperience and Engagement team is a team of about 15 people, with HR as well as administrative backgrounds. The team’s mission is to support our diverse and talented populations at CERN (staff members, students, graduates) to perform at their best, by designing and delivering tailored HR support, services and policies.
As a Junior Employee Experience support officer, you will:
- Ensure an efficient, friendly and reliable back office for all staff-related HR actions and queries, in support of a team of HR professionals and their client departments. You will learn about major HR processes, such as performance management.
- Support the graduate and student population in your client department(s) throughout their experience at CERN as their privileged HR contact. You will provide advice at different stages of their contract with CERN, ensure the swift administration of contractual actions and animate an open dialogue to further improve our services and processes.
- Actively contribute to enhance people experience at CERN, through the streamlining of procedures and improvement of HR processes and practices.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience in Human Resources or a related field.
- Initial experience in an HR function, preferably in an international environment.
- Knowledge of administrative rules and procedures
- Employee relations
- Customer service
- HR process design & development
- Use of office software packages
- Achieving Results: delivering high quality work on time and fulfilling expectations;
- Learning and Sharing Knowledge: proposing ways to improve or streamline existing procedures, processes and methodologies. Sharing knowledge and expertise freely and willingly with others; coaching others to ensure knowledge transfer;
- Working in Teams: understanding when teamwork is required to achieve the best results; including others accordingly and sharing information;
- Demonstrating Flexibility: being willing to work on different projects simultaneously Adapting quickly and resourcefully to shifting priorities and requirements;
- Solving Problems: identifying, defining and assessing problems, taking action to address them Finding the information needed to solve problems; making objective judgments based on all the facts available.
Spoken and written English and French: ability to understand and speak both languages in professional contexts.
Ability to draft texts for official communications and to make oral presentations in one of the two languages, and the undertaking to aquire the other rapidly.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 13.09.2021 at 12:00 pm CET (midday).
Contract type: Limited duration contract (3 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
Job grade: 4-5
Job reference: HR-PXE-2021-95-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Human Resources Support Officer
Hvem er CERN?
At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern.