Local Unit & Position Description
We are looking for a consultant to join our Renewables Advisory team in delivering services to the renewable energy market in general and the wind industry in particular. You will primarily focus on our key customers within the wind market, particularly in Scandinavia. Typical services will be linked to the planning, development, procurement and construction phases of wind farm projects, including technical studies, verification work, data analytics, cost modelling, technical due diligence and construction monitoring during the construction phase (involving site visits).
Key tasks and deliveries include, but are not limited to:
- Manage complex and technical projects from inception through to completion;
- Build relationships and manage interfaces with external clients;
- Provide technical support related to wind and site, turbine technology, foundation technology, internal grid and grid connections, permits and cost and schedule analysis;
- Participate in business development activities.
You will work closely with the rest of the team, composing of approximately 12 highly qualified professionals based in Høvik. You will also collaborate and have extensive contact with other departments, as various projects are staffed with multi-disciplinary experts in the company.
- MSc degree in a relevant engineering field is required, including subjects related to electrical systems and renewable energy;
- Demonstrable skills in presentation and communication;
- Demonstrable analytical skills;
- Excellent ability to produce clear written reports and communicate verbally in English;
- Very good Swedish/Norwegian/Finnish language skills (both oral & written)
- Demonstrable knowledge about the development, construction and operational phases of a wind farm project;
- Demonstrable knowledge of wind project issues, including resource assessment, planning, contracting and grid connectivity, and a good overview of the full project cycle.
We are looking for a professional who is highly committed to project deliveries and customer satisfaction. You demonstrate strong initiative, an analytical approach and the ability to make efficient technical and commercial judgments regarding project issues. You thrive when the project work is high paced with tight timeframes, and cope efficiently with a wide variety of tasks. Others perceive you as a positive and motivating team player with a flexible attitude and eagerness to grow.
When applying for this position, please upload your CV and other relevant documentation in our application tracking system.
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.