Höegh Autoliners is a global leader in Ro/Ro deep sea transportation services. The company owns and operates about 50 Pure Car and Truck Carriers (PCTCs) in global trade systems, making around 3 000 port calls yearly. Managed from a worldwide network of around 20 offices, our main customers are major manufacturers of new cars, heavy machinery and other rolling stock. Höegh Autoliners is also a leading carrier of second-hand vehicles. Höegh Autoliners operate Terminal and Logistics services for our global customers with two fully owner daughter companies that complement our RO/Ro services.
In addition to the head office, centrally located in Oslo, Höegh Autoliners has a global network of subsidiaries and representative offices. The company has approximately 450 employees ashore and 1400 seafarers. Höegh Autoliners is a privately owned shipping company with two owners: Leif Höegh & Co Holdings AS as majority shareholder (61,25 per cent) and A.P.Møller – Maersk A/S (38,75 percent).
Höegh Autoliners in Oslo is seeking an IT Senior Developer and Technical Solution Architect with practical, hands-on experience in full-stack development. This role will be instrumental in building a new software development team and is expected to coach and contribute to quality of solutions and services developed and deployed. The role is expected to choose, configure, and set up tooling and methods from best practices in software development.
- Main code contributor during the development process
- Responsible for the non-functional requirements of a system or service being developed
- Establish standards for coding, building and deployment
- Good branching strategies for code maintainability should be established for the team, as well as CI/CP tooling
- Responsible to maintain software in the team’s portfolio, including operations at the application management level
- Maintain necessary and sufficient defect KPIs and ensure that the service or system is stable in production
- Ensure adequate levels of automated code testing and other means of quality control of code
- Design the architecture of future IT services and implement the development of the systems
- Mentor and maintain the technical skills of the team and ensure knowledge transfer and skill building in the team.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical qualification
- 5-10 years’ experience in IT development, including 3-plus years’ experience with architectural design of systems
- Experience in establishing KPI’s for IT services and software
- Experience with integration technologies, patterns, REST and message-based systems
- Experience with implementation of CI/CP tooling and methods earlier
- Good understanding of the benefits of automation and good coding practices.
- Strong team player
- Excellent communication skills in an international environment
- Analytical, structured and solutions oriented
- Exiting IT product roadmap that will enhance and develop our business
- Demanding and rewarding tasks in an international work environment
- Career opportunities within a strong and well-respected shipping company
Apply to: globalHR@hoegh.com
Head of IT
Hvem er Höegh Autoliners?
Höegh Autoliners is a global leader in Ro/Ro deep sea transportation services. The company owns and operates approx. 50 Pure Car and Truck Carriers (PCTCs) in global trade systems, making around 3 000 port calls yearly. Managed from a worldwide network of around 20 offices, our main customers are major manufacturers of new cars, heavy machinery and other rolling stock. Höegh Autoliners is also a leading carrier of second-hand vehicles.