Do you enjoy working with complex IT solutions and services? Do you aspire to become an IT Architect? We are looking for young and newly educated candidates that want to learn and be trained to play a key part in our digital transformation. With us, you can grow to become an Enterprise Architect in our world-class Architecture team.
DNV GL is going through a digital transformation and new digital services and solutions are in the making. Our IT landscape consists of services and applications provided on premise and public cloud. From this, we manage, innovate, develop, and maintain services serving the various needs of DNV GL.
Entering the role as IT Architect, you will join a training program giving you practical understanding of the DNV GL IT landscape. You will get to know some of the major digital and IT investments made in DNV GL. Furthermore, you will work with different technology stacks and architectures. You will also get to understand how the IT landscape uses applications integrations and APIs as a mean to provide services end-to-end. At last, you will get know how we use the latest technologies – like how we develop new services using public cloud (Microsoft Azure).
You will become part of the Enterprise Architecture and Security unit in GSS IT; our internal IT organization responsible for delivering a wide range of IT capabilities and capacities to business and corporate units, and to end users worldwide. With us you will enjoy the opportunity to build your career in a highly professional IT organization.
- Participate in IT projects as IT Architect
- Contribute in development of new solutions (using application specific technologies)
- Develop integration solutions using Microsoft technologies (Microsoft Azure and on-premise technologies)
- Define architecture positions and principles
- Conduct architecture modelling across different architecture layers
- Cooperate with business areas and technical development teams
- Identify and monitor technology trends of importance to the DNV GL IT platform
At DNV GL, we offer opportunities beyond business and the possibility to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. Our working culture is based on respect for one another and an appreciation of the need for work-life balance. Join us and you will:
- Work with dedicated, competent and highly specialized colleagues in an international environment
- Connect with our business areas to understand a quickly changing business environment
- Learn more every day, on the job and through training
- Enjoy a flexible working environment, attractive pension and insurance schemes, 30 days of annual vacation and social activities
Successful candidates should have a good understanding of the technical aspects of, as well as interest in the supported business processes. We are looking for persons with experience or knowledge in several of the following areas:
- 0-3 years of experience as Systems Developer
- Preferably have development experience with Microsoft .NET and API development
- Preferably have experience with systems development using Microsoft Azure
- Preferably have experience with architecture modelling
- Preferably have experience with system thinking, both logically and conceptually, with ability to understand how complex systems are related
- Preferably have experience with data analysis techniques and data modelling
- Have some understanding of DevOps concepts
- Proficiency in English – written and oral; working language is English
- Bachelor or Master’s degree (preferably in Computer science or Informatics)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Open to change, proactive, and with a service-minded attitude
- Analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable with new challenges and a personal drive to achieve goals
- Desire to take part in solving complex issues (not only pointing at the solution)
- Dedication and a creative problem-solving attitude
- The ability to build networks and share knowledge
- Ability to work individually as well as in a collaborative environment
Jon Petter Sefland
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.