Local Unit & Position Description
DNV GL in Stavanger is a growing office of highly skilled people in a fine mix of ages starting at 25.
We work in an open office environment allowing for collaboration across the diverse areas of expertise.
To provide our customers with the best results we encourage open-minded thinking in an informal, social working environment. We support the idea of “refilling” our energy tanks and therefore we enjoy 30 days of vacation annually, and a variety of social arrangements and different leisure activities.
We are currently looking for an Integrity Engineer with ICT competence in our Inspection Management section in Stavanger. The section is a part of the Subsea & Asset Risk Management unit which has around 80 employees in Stavanger, Bergen and Oslo. The unit offers a wide range of technical advisory and verification services primarily to the offshore market.
The Inspection Management section is a well-established and growing unit with highly experienced and qualified people.
The successful candidate will work closely together with colleagues in the section, and across units, within different aspects of inspection management, including the following topics:
• Governing documents for inspection management
• Risk Based Inspection assessments and planning
• Inspection results and mitigating actions
• Logistics and coordination of inspection campaigns
• Project management
• Maintenance Management and Maintenance optimization
Leading towards a more digital work life we need to strengthen our competence within ICT combined with traditional engineering. This to be able to better utilize and further develop both existing and new digital tools that could add values to the section deliveries. ICT competence and knowledge of the following is therefore preferred:
• Cloud Services (Azure)
• Databases (SQL)
• Programming of webservices
• Artificial Intelligence
• 3D CAD tools
• PowerBI or similar
Comprehensive contact with clients and involvement in marketing, as well as project development will be an integrated part of the job together with technology-based services.
• As a successful candidate you have a solid academic background with a relevant university degree (M.Sc/B.Sc) within risk management, offshore technology, corrosion assessment, maintenance engineering, material technology, or similar preferably combined with ICT
• You have 0–5 years of relevant work experience
• And you have good command of English- and preferably Norwegian, both spoken and written
• You have a solution-oriented work attitude with a commercial mind set
• You possess good communicative skills and you like to work in-, and promote team work
• Taking initiatives comes natural to you
• You are eager to continuously improve services and deliveries and you are responsible and respectful for challenging tasks
What we Offer:
• Strong company culture with emphasis on competence development
• Great colleagues who value teamwork and support
• International working environment
• Attractive salary and benefits package
• 30 days annual vacation
• Flexible working hours and focus on work/life balance
• Social events, sports and team building activities
• Scenic work environment by the sea at Stavanger
For more information please contact Kjetil Eikeland, Head of Section Inspection Management, +47 97516980
Head of Section Inspection Management
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.