Local Unit & Position Description
We are looking for an Integration and API Developer to play a key part in our digital transformation!
DNV GL is going through a digital transformation and new digital services and solutions are in the making. Our IT landscape contains application integrations and APIs that are built on Microsoft technologies – both on premise and public cloud (Microsoft Azure). Microsoft BizTalk Server, serves the infrastructure for our global enterprise integration backbone. During the last year, we have implemented an enterprise-wide API Management Portal with APIs exposed through a common API Catalogue. Furthermore, we are building integration solutions using Azure technologies.
We are looking for an Integration and API Developer to join our development projects and operation. In DNV GL, you will do API development across Microsoft Azure based services and on-premise for Microsoft BizTalk Server.
You will become part of the Integration and Master Data Management section in GSS IT; our internal IT organization responsible for delivering a wide range of IT capabilities and capacities to business and corporate units, and to end users worldwide. The focus of the section is to manage, develop, operate, support and maintain DNV GL’s global integration and master data management services. These are key capabilities in DNV GL’s common global IT platform.
In this role, you will have an impact on how we develop new integration solutions using the latest of Microsoft technologies.
Areas of responsibilities/ Key tasks:
- Development of APIs for enterprise-wide integration scenarios
- Participate in IT projects as Integration and API Developer
- Develop new integration solutions in alignment with our enterprise architecture and making sure that we use Microsoft Azure integration technologies whenever possible.
- Serve as Developer in development and system improvement activities to further develop our integration solutions on Microsoft BizTalk Server.
- Keep an eye on major technology trends and Microsoft roadmaps
- As part of our Integration Competency Center, you will also take part in the operation, monitoring, and support of our enterprise integration services.
- Successful candidates should have a good understanding of the technical aspects of, as well as interest in the supported business processes. We are looking for persons with experience or knowledge in several of the following areas:
- 2-7 years of experience as Developer
- Development experience on Microsoft .NET and API development
- Proven experience in developing, testing and deploying .NET integration solutions.
- Experience with development for Microsoft Azure or other cloud providers is a plus
- Experience with REST and Json is a plus
- Experience from Enterprise Integration projects is preferred
- Experience with API Management is preferred
- Experience with Microsoft BizTalk Server is preferred
- Have some understanding of DevOps concepts
- Proficiency in English – written and oral; working language is English.
- Preferably Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Open to change, proactive, and with a service-minded attitude
- Analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable with new challenges and a personal drive to achieve goals
- Dedication and a creative problem-solving attitude
- The ability to build networks and share knowledge
- Ability to work individually as well as in a collaborative environment.
At DNV GL, we offer opportunities beyond business and the possibility to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. Our working culture is based on respect for one another and an appreciation of the need for work-life balance.
Join us and you will:
- Work with dedicated, competent and highly specialized colleagues in an international environment
- Connect with our business areas to understand a quickly changing business environment
- Learn more every day, on the job and through training
- Enjoy a flexible working environment, attractive pension and insurance schemes, 30 days of annual vacation and social activities.
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.