DNB has one of Norway's largest IT environments and we are well ahead of the development of digital banking services. What is good today is not necessarily good for tomorrow - that's why we need you who have guts and creative abilities to turn business needs into good IT solutions that support today's and our future needs.
We offer exciting tasks that provide unique opportunities for professional development in one of Norway's largest IT environments. Our IT System engineers/architects play a key role in ensuring that DNB delivers stable solutions for our customers.
The unit responsible for the group's IT infrastructure spans a wide range of technologies and platforms, where core solutions in Mainframe and solutions for user units such as smartphones illustrate the extremes in the area of responsibility. Examples of technologies that we provide include office networks (LAN / Wifi), data center networks, firewalls, remote access, server solutions (VMware, Windows Server, RHEL, Solaris), Citrix solutions, SAN data storage services, database, MQ, PKI, Active Directory, Windows, 7/10, Office365 and more. DNB has many deliveries through public cloud services, and the area of responsibility also includes the infrastructure disciplines against AWS and Azure. We have great ambitions in automation, where cloud technologies such as Azure ARM, AWS CloudFormation and tools like Ansible and VMware vRealize are key.
We are now seeking experienced infrastructure project architects/engineers, with broad competence and the ability to see the overall perspective across technologies.
Key responsibilities in the roles:
- Provide guidance and secure availability of target architectures descriptions across DNB.
- Offer advisory services and enter a role as infrastructure architect in projects or deliveries in line organization.[ME1]
- Securing implementation according to target architecture within DNB and promoting execution according to architecture definitions and principles.
- Perform in depth IT architecture reviews of selected proposed critical solutions.
- Manage IT Architecture exemptions from agreed principles and definitions.
- Provide input to the continuous improvement of all methods and principles in the infrastructure area.
- Work with projects/teams across DNB, identify our targets for IT commonality, and securing best value out of shared platforms and architecture.
- Higher education required (bachelor/master), extensive experience can mitigate this requirement.
- Primary Competences:
- Solid understanding of the industry, and good knowledge about governance principles (enterprise architecture and IT architecture).
- Business oriented architecture background, with holistic view across domains/enterprise.
- Knowledgeable with EA tools and methodologies.
- General skills in architecture management
- Passionate about IT architecture design, involving cloud based and other commercial platforms.
- Solid experience from working with IT delivery organizations.
- TOGAF certification is a plus.
Experience and background:
- Minimum 10 to 15 years of experience within the IT infrastructure areas, engineering, development and design/architecture.
- Experience from large and complex IT environments.
- Experience with cloud delivery models.
- Experience from “multi sourcing” environments involving difference cultures.
- Have proven capacity to execute against set targets.
- Experience with “security by design”.
- Experienced working in autonomous teams, and familiar with agile methodology.
- keeping “up to date” on your technical skills and new technology
- able to think “long-term” in the everyday business
- a team player
- able to see problems from different perspectives
- result and solution oriented
- good at communication, and have good oral and written skills
- able to see the whole picture
- structured approach to complex problems
- innovative and proactive with the focus on improvement and simplification
- having good teamwork skills and can share knowledge and experience with your colleagues
- working structured and effective
- interested in making the technology a great advantage for our colleagues
- able to work outside of core area, while still retaining your specialist focus (T-shaped skills)
We can offer:
Great colleagues, competitive terms, a strong environment within the field of technology and good career opportunities. In addition to this we offer good pension conditions, employee terms on DNB’s products, insurance schemes, resorts in Norway and abroad, sports, cultural and other activities plus a range of discount schemes.
A job in Norway's largest financial group offers professional challenges in an exciting work environment with many opportunities.
We are looking for skilled and motivated employees to meet customer needs and to achieve our goals. With so many varied disciplines and exciting opportunities in the future, we are looking for employees with different backgrounds and expertise. Are you engaged in focusing on the customer, and in addition fit our values: curious, brave and responsible, you might be exactly the person need.
In DNB, we carry out background checks to verify that the information provided in your CV and other documentation is actually correct. Background checks are generally performed by an external independent third party. Former employers are typically contacted to check previous positions and periods of employment, while educational institutions are asked to confirm marks.
No background check will be conducted without your prior consent, and you will receive more detailed information about this, if applicable.
For positions that require an authorisation and/or approval of suitability, a police certificate of good conduct will be required.