At Atkins, they help move the world forward, one step at a time. They turn the future of transport into a reality and their teams work on the biggest and most challenging projects around the world.
Atkins Norway are seeking candidates to join their Engineering team to lead and deliver projects that will last for hundreds of years. You’ll design infrastructure that link different places and improve people’s lives. Working closely with their customers, you’ll do everything you can to excel and deliver innovative solutions that exceed expectations.
Candidates will ideally have a background of working within the rail sector along with a track record of successful delivery who can demonstrate a high level of digital technical capability. Candidates with good experience from other industries are also welcome.
- Act as Information Systems Manager for all engineering projects within Norway. Your role will cover our delivery using BIM, CAD, GIS and EDMS systems.
- Work across functional and geographic boundaries to support the delivery of first class solutions for clients. This will include deliveries from Atkins, SNC-Lavalin and sub-contract partner teams in Scandinavia, the UK, India, the United States and Canada.
- Actively participate in internal professional networks across Atkins and SNC-Lavalin to harness existing capabilities and ensure the continuous improvement of their digital delivery tools
- Be responsible for undertaking quality reviews of deliverables in line with company requirements
- Be actively involved in recruitment activities to grow a self-sustaining delivery team in Norway
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure sufficient resources with the right skills to deliver current and future projects
- Support the technical development of staff in Norway and their wider teams across Scandinavia, the UK and India
- Engage with clients to understand their emerging needs and actively sell Atkins' technical capabilities
- Lead and grow a team with a reputation for technical excellence and ability to flexibly respond to business needs
- Provide effective line management, oversee career and talent development
- Drive technical best practice, knowledge sharing, and process standardisation / optimisation
- Establish resource demand based on pipeline of opportunities in collaboration with colleagues
- Win work through maximising additional / repeat / follow-on work from clients
- Lead and / or support large multi-disciplinary tenders
- Drive innovation and sustainability in service offerings
- Spot opportunities and foster client relationships
- Ensure adherence to corporate governance and management systems
- Relevant education from the College or University, minimum bachelor's level
- Demonstrable leadership experience of multi-disciplinary people and projects in CAD / BIM / GIS environments
- Good knowledge of the specifications, guidelines and tutorials for digital planning
- Demonstrable evidence of contributing to bids and tenders
- Experience in integrating sustainability in project deliveries
- Strong track record of delivery
- Highly collaborative with strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Strong communication skills and an ability to work across geographically and organisationally separate delivery teams and client organisations
- Performance driven and customer focussed
- A desire to drive the industry into the digital future
- A reputation for technical excellence, delivery and providing an open and supportive working environment focussed upon health, safety and team wellbeing
- A hard working and flexible individual, who is reliable, proactive and innovative
- Able to build and motivate a team and demonstrate good management qualities
- A self starter with a high expectation of performance for themselves and other members of the team, coupled with a drive for continuous improvement
- Able to keep calm under pressure within demanding project environments
- Collaborative, customer focussed and an excellent team player
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Able to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build relationships with both clients and the practice teams
- Strong business acumen with a demonstrated knowledge of identifying potential value creation
- A supportive and encouraging approach to mentoring less experienced members of the team, combined with a passion for staff development
- Available to travel across the UK if required (potential for short term overseas assignments also)
Hvem er Atkins?
Atkins is one of the world's most respected project management and engineering consultancies. The Company values long-term trusted partnerships, and strives to contribute to sustainable development and growth for their customers and for society as a whole- locally and globally.
Atkins Norway is located in modern offices at Lysaker, Oslo, and has 75 employees.