Our goal is to help our industrial clients take part in the energy transition. We facilitate access to affordable renewable power, which we will source from our own portfolio of hydro, solar and wind projects in Brazil and the Nordics. We also provide industrial scale energy solutions to improve energy efficiency, reduce emissions and cut costs inside the fence. Founded on Hydro’s more than 100 years of energy experience, our business model is based on agility and the ability to provide the right solutions and services at the right cost.
Hydro REIN is now looking to further strengthen our technical team with a Wind Resource Specialist to lead our project evaluations and optimization efforts on projects we are developing jointly with partners.
What we offer
- An international, dynamic and ambitious “start-up” working environment with the necessary support and financial back-up to succeed
- A new position giving the right candidate the opportunity to shape the role and grow your career through professional and personal development
You will join a lean technology team which is responsible for taking the lead on technical assessments and provide technical guidance and support to our functional areas in Hydro REIN, including our investment, project development and energy solutions teams. In the technology team, you will be our wind resource expert and have a key function in project evaluations and development efforts.
Tasks will include:
- Perform and review wind resource assessments, develop project layout and identify optimization potential of projects
- Establish production estimates
- Close interaction with turbine suppliers and be involved in technology selection evaluations and procurement processes
- For wind parks in operation, analyze operational data and inform on performance
- Technology monitoring activities for the wind sector
- Be Hydro REIN’s lead in wind R&D initiatives
- Review and prepare project documentation for decision gaes
- Development of Hydro REINs frameworks, technical documents, and best practices
- Contribute in identifying and developing IT and digital solutions
Who are you?
We belive that you have strong cooperative and communicative skills and are motivated by beeing a part of a team working towards common goals. To succeed you thrive working in multidiscipline teams, on various types of projects and in different project phases.
You manage to assess and prioritize major issues, like to be hands-on and have strong experience from wind resource analyses and production estimates.
- Higher education, preferably Master’s degree in Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience from large scale wind projects, e.g. project development, OEM, technical consultancy etc.
- Experience from wind resource assessments and using industry acknowledged wind resource software
- Knowledge from SCADA data and performance analyses is an advantage
- Excellent organizational skills, with ability to prioritize critical tasks and manage workload from different projects
- Fluent in English, both oral and written. Norwegian and Portuguese is an advantage
- Uncompromising integrity
- Entrepreneurial spirit and "can do" attitude
- Value-driven, with high focus on collaboration
This role reports to Head of Technology in Hydro REIN.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Hiring manager: Johan Slaette, Head of Technology, +47 917 38 338
Recruiter: Birgitta Sanden, +47 970 31 556
Please enclose a cover letter and copies of relevant academic transcripts, diplomas, certificates etc. Only applications received through our online system will be considered, not via e-mail. As part of our recruitment process, we use Semac for background check.
Head of Technology
Hvem er Hydro -?
We are Hydro, a global family of 30,000 people, present in a broad range of market segments for aluminium, energy, metal recycling, batteries and renewables, offering a unique wealth of knowledge and competence.
We have a proud history and are committed to leading the way in shaping a sustainable future by developing natural resources into innovative products and solutions. In doing so, we truly believe that our People matter the most to make the difference.