At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern.
Are you a skilled heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) technician, willing to take an active role in operation, maintenance and construction works associated with HVAC equipment and systems in CERN’s buildings and tehcnical infrastructures? Join CERN and offer your technical expertise to the world’s largest particle physics laboratory. CERN, take part!
You will join the Infrastructure Section (IN), within the Site Asset Management (SAM) Group of the Site and Civil Engineering (SCE) Department, which is in charge of the operation, maintenance, design, tendering and work phases of HVAC, Electrical and Sanitary installations for tertiary and industrial buildings.
As HVAC Technician, you will:
- Follow up the operation, maintenance, repair, testing, and modifications of major HVAC systems, equipment, machines and facilities;
- Define and update maintenance HVAC plans (repairs and modifications); analyze maintenance data and information software (via Computerised Maintenance Management System) and through on-site inspections;
- Fault find and elaborate repair solutions related to HVAC equipment;
- Monitor the progress of maintenance and controlling quality and budget;
- Ensure that technical documentation is kept up to date and meets quality standards;
- Supervise HVAC renovation works (works, testing, commissioning and acceptances) and coordinate interventions with other services for large civil engineer projects;
- Making sure that all necessary safety measures are taken on sites.
Higher technical diploma or equivalent relevant experience in the field of in the field of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning or a related field.
Professional qualification for maintenance of HVAC installations is an asset.
The experience required for this post is:
- Extensive experience in the maintenance, operation and installation of HVAC systems for tertiary and industrial buildings including the technical application of French or Swiss HVAC standards.
- Demonstrated experience in the operation of large heating plants (~MW) and district heating management would be a strong asset.
- Proven experience in the use of CMMS tools and office software work packages.
- Design and construction of HVAC plants and networks: including test and commissioning of HVAC systems.
- Operation and maintenance of HVAC plants and networks, sanitary installations in particular organisation and follow up of maintenance actions.
- Solving problems: adopting a pragmatic approach; understanding the value of adopting generic rather than 'gold-plated' technical solutions. Identifying, defining and assessing problems, taking action to address them.
- Managing self: working well autonomously; taking on activities and tasks without prompting.
- Demonstrating flexibility: readily accepting new tasks or work/projects. Adapting quickly and resourcefully to shifting priorities and requirements.
- Working in teams: building and maintaining constructive and effective work relationships. Gaining trust and collaboration from others.
- Learning and sharing knowledge: keeping up-to-date with developments in own field of expertise and readily absorbing new information.
Spoken and written English or French: ability to understand and speak the other language in professional contexts.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 28.01.2022 at noon CET.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- Participation in a regular stand-by duty, including nights, Sundays and official holidays.
- Work in Radiation Areas.
- A valid driving licence is required.
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization.
Job grade: 3-4
Job reference: SCE-SAM-IN-2021-129-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Mechanical Technician
Hvem er CERN?
At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature.
Find out more on http://home.cern.