With more than a hundred years of experience, Aibel is a leading supplier within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We offer our customers optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout the life cycle of the projects. Aibel's skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company's eight offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund (Norway) and Laem Chabang (Thailand) with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities. In Aibel you will have the possibility to participate in the growing and exciting market for offshore wind as well as the oil & gas market. We will use and develop your skills and talent. We foresee a future increase in offshore wind projects. These projects set high demands for HVAC system and area design. We are now looking for HVAC Engineers who can contribute to Aibel’s exciting journey in the ongoing energy transition and who are motivated to meet these demands.
We are looking for both HVAC system engineers and area engineers for offshore and onshore facilities, both new facilities and modification of existing facilities. You will get opportunities to work with tender, concept engineering, front end engineering (FEED) and detail engineering as a HVAC Engineer. There may also be possibilities to take on a HVAC Discipline Lead role when this meet your experience.
You will have the opportunity to work with:
- System design philosophy/design basis for HVAC systems with respect to functional requirements, control philosophy, operation philosophy
- Design of HVAC system in the 3D model, finding optimal solutions for duct routing and locating equipment
- Coordinate and follow up of the HVAC system design and the area design
- Evaluation of natural/mechanical ventilation
- Calculations of air flow rate based on ventilation requirement and heat emission in rooms
- Selection of HVAC equipment with regard to capacity and suitability
- Cooperation with HVAC equipment vendors
- Ensure coordination of the HVAC design with other disciplines
Qualifications and personal characteristics:
- Bachelor or Master Degree
- Min. 2 years working experience in HVAC System and/or Area design
- Ability to work independently and thoroughly as well as ability to work in team
- Good communication skills
- Have a high loyalty to deadline and quality requirements
- Be proactive, seeking advice, share own experiences with others and be a good colleague
- Communicate well in English – both oral and in writing
Become our colleague:
As an employee in Aibel, you have many career opportunities. We ensure that our employees get the chance to work across disciplines, build expertise and develop their own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaged working environment at all our locations.
We offer flexible working hours. In a hectic everyday life, it is good to have an employer who provides you with the flexibility you need through different phases of life. In addition, the welfare clubs in Aibel offer a wide range of welfare activities and training options for all our employees.In Aibel, we have a set of values based on us being responsible, visionary, open and flexible. We call it "we care". The values create our culture and set the standard for how we work to achieve our common goals. Aibel's employees appreciate these values, and we all have a common attitude where we care about each other, the customers, the suppliers, and the community around us.
We are committed to inclusion, equality and diversity, and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply with us, regardless of age, gender, functional capacity or ethnic background.Because we consider our social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, our commitment to sustainable development is not described in a plan, but included as a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes. In Aibel, we are committed to balancing the company's financial sustainability with the social and environmental responsibilities we have.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision? Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and contact information:For questions regarding the position, please contact: Section Manager Ragnhild Bjertnæs Strand - phone +47 41905048Work Place: AskerApplication deadline: 12.06.2022
Hvem er Aibel?
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project's entire life cycle.