Höegh Autoliners Oslo – IT Front-End Developer
In addition to the head office, centrally located in Oslo, Höegh Autoliners has a global network of subsidiaries and representative offices. The company has approximately 450 employees onshore and 1400 seafarers. Höegh Autoliners is a privately owned shipping company with two owners: Leif Höegh Co Holdings AS as majority shareholder (61,25 per cent) and A.P.Møller – Maersk A/S (38,75 per cent).
Höegh Autoliners is looking for a front-end Developer to help build, innovate, and transform our online business support services for our shipping operations worldwide. We have several IT projects and services in the implementation pipeline including some maintenance work on those that have recently been put in production.
You will be a part of a hybrid and full-stack development team based in Oslo and Manilla and will play a critical role in steering the direction of frontend technologies, implementing them, and scaling it out. Having dabbled in node.js is a plus and having an interest in devops is a bonus. Currently some of the legacy software is based on JQuery, but we will be modernizing the front-end stacks (React, Vue, Angular or others). Thus previous hands-on development experience is required and having a good eye for interaction design never hurts.
- Front-end integration with an API backend
- Front-end development with a modern framework such as React, Vue and Angular
- Translation of designer mock-ups and wireframes into front-end code
- Understanding of the intricacies of browser landscapes
- Experience with CSS and styling frameworks such as SASS or LESS
- Quality code with experience with unit testing and front-end best practices and patterns
- Participate in API creation and RESTful services
- Third line support and defect correction
- Knowledge transfer, collaboration and good communication with other team members and stakeholders
- Maintain own technical skills and contribute to the technical skills of others
- Masters or Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent technical qualification
- Practical front-end development and deployment experience 3-5 years, with experience in the mainstream front-end technology stacks
- Hands on experience with automated testing and writing good unit and integration tests
- Some experience with back end coding (Java and SQL) is beneficial
- Some experience with automation and devops is very beneficial
- Knowledge and experience in designing APIs, RESTful services and message-based systems
- Some experience with the agile and lean process and its respective tooling stacks such as Atlassian/Trello etc
- Exciting role in an international company with a strong Norwegian backbone
- Career opportunity at a well-respected shipping company with a solid ownership
Please send your CV and application letter to globalHR@hoegh.com
Please reference “IT Front-End Developer” in the subject field If you have any questions, please contact Vegar Bøthun, Head of IT, +47 400 39 910 / email@example.com
Head of IT
Hvem er Höegh Autoliners?
Höegh Autoliners is a global leader in Ro/Ro deep sea transportation services. The company owns and operates approx. 50 Pure Car and Truck Carriers (PCTCs) in global trade systems, making around 3 000 port calls yearly. Managed from a worldwide network of around 20 offices, our main customers are major manufacturers of new cars, heavy machinery and other rolling stock. Höegh Autoliners is also a leading carrier of second-hand vehicles.