Höegh Autoliners Oslo – IT Back-End Developer
In addition to the head office, centrally located in Oslo, Höegh Autoliners has a global network of subsidiaries and representative offices. The company has approximately 450 employees onshore and 1400 seafarers. Höegh Autoliners is a privately owned shipping company with two owners: Leif Höegh Co Holdings AS as majority shareholder (61,25 per cent) and A.P.Møller – Maersk A/S (38,75 pecent).
Höegh Autoliners is looking for a back-end developer to help build and maintain online business support services for our shipping operations worldwide. We have several IT projects and services in the implementation pipeline including some maintenance work on those that have recently been put in production.
You will be responsible for the server-side code of our online applications and services. If you have excellent programming skills and a passion for developing applications or improving existing ones, we would like to meet you. As a Back-end developer, you will work closely with the rest of our development team based in Oslo and Manilla.
We will use tested but innovative back-end technologies and coding and development process best practices in our development team. Hands-on development experience with automated CI processes to produce quality code is required.
- Server-side coding and debugging with Java and SQL databases
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases an advantage
- Integrations with front-end code
- Scalability and performance optimization
- Unit testing
- Documentation and code control using Altassian tools (or equivalent)
- Contribute and adhere to quality control coding standards and best practices, including CI and CP
- Third line support and defect correction
- Participate in API creation and RESTful services implementation
- Knowledge transfer, collaboration and good communication with team members and stakeholders
- Maintain own technical skills and contribute to the technical skills of others
- Masters or Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent technical qualification
- Practical back-end development and deployment experience 3-5 years
- Hands on experience with automated testing and writing good unit tests
- Experience with Java and SQL coding
- Knowledge and experience in designing APIs, RESTful services and message-based systems
- Experience with the Altassian stack
- Worked with CI/CP tooling and methods
- Exciting role in an international company with a strong Norwegian backbone
- Career opportunity at a well-respected shipping company with a solid ownership
Please send your CV and application letter to GlobalHR@hoegh.com
Please reference “IT Back-End Developer” in the subject field. If you have any questions, please contact Vegar Bøthun, Head of IT, +47 400 39 910 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of IT
Hvem er Höegh Autoliners?
Höegh Autoliners is a global leader in Ro/Ro deep sea transportation services. The company owns and operates approx. 50 Pure Car and Truck Carriers (PCTCs) in global trade systems, making around 3 000 port calls yearly. Managed from a worldwide network of around 20 offices, our main customers are major manufacturers of new cars, heavy machinery and other rolling stock. Höegh Autoliners is also a leading carrier of second-hand vehicles.