Local Unit & Position Description
We’re looking for a High Voltage Business Lead who helps our customers world-wide with securing and improving the affordability, sustainability and reliability of their high voltage electricity transmission & distribution infrastructure.
You will be part of the Transmission & Distribution Technology (TDT) team. We have positions available in Arnhem (The Netherlands), the Nordics (Høvik and Göteborg) and the Middle East (Dubai).
The TDT team exists out of over 50 professionals and continuously growing. The team is a mix of PhD, MSc and BSc level with different backgrounds and from various cultures. You will be part of the High Voltage cluster within the TDT team.
Together we deliver specialized and innovative consultancy services to our customers, which are mainly transmission and distribution system operators, power utilities and industries.
You will be involved in national and international projects where you will also collaborate in and with other teams within DNV GL. Like working jointly on substation projects, asset management or renewable energy.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- You turn customer’s needs into concrete consultancy projects, as well execute these in the field, lab and/ or in the office
- You will transform deep technical knowledge, curiosity and hands-on high voltage equipment experience, into clear customer solutions and solid business opportunities
- Lead business development and know how to get the orders in
- Write (or contribute to) clear and high quality reports and commercial offers
Next to that, you will:
- You will give advice to our customers related to their high voltage electricity transmission & distribution equipment and systems (e.g. substations, overhead lines and cables, EMC, HVDC systems)
- You will also perform the electrical functional design of HVAC/HVDC components
- Carry out failure investigations, both in the field as well as in the office
- Prepare specifications and tender documentation
- Execute or witness tests such as type, factory - or site acceptance tests (FAT/ SAT)
- Monitor and anticipate on market developments and decide on market approach
- Develop our service portfolio/ roadmap and the annual plan
- Be a mentor to support and develop the (technical) career path of other team members
- Co-lead the TDT team
We are looking for a pro-active and ambitious high voltage expert who is an enthusiastic, result-oriented team player and knows how to drive and create the business:
- Bachelor, Masters, PhD degree in Electrical Engineering
- An extensive network in T&D working field
- At least 10-15 years of solid, hands-on and specific work experience in the T&D equipment and systems
- Combined an academic level of thinking with a passion for being in the field, lab or factory
- Verbal and written communication skills in English (and in the Dutch language would be an extra)
- Willingness travel (about 20% of your time abroad)
- Attitude to take responsibility for own tasks, competences and beyond
- Curiosity, interest and engagement
- Enjoyability to explaining complex technical concepts to others
- Out of the box mindset
- Business drive that stimulates the team and the customer
SPECIAL NOTE It is of key importance for this job/role that you have solid and in-depth T&D product expertise. For example you have worked as a developer or design engineer on T&D primary or HVDC equipment at a manufacturer (OEM) and/or you have gained extensive hands-on expertise with failure investigations within a T&D operator. Another good option is you have a proven track record as a technical/technology consultant or worked as an expert in a design/engineering house. A technical track record gained via project management jobs will not qualify.
Experience in working with customers in Western Europe is strongly preferred.
What we're offering:
A challenging and varied job in a dynamic and international environment. Being part of a professional team of committed colleagues and plenty of opportunities for personal growth. Naturally, the position is rewarded appropriately, including good fringe benefits.
Based on your experience, we will create a plan together with you for your development for the next few years. We will do this through our 70-20-10 philosophy: 70% learning on the job, 20% coaching and 10% training. You will be given the opportunity to grow to a business leadership role where you sell, lead and execute projects in order to help clients realize the stated project goals and deliverables. Or you develop yourself as a line manager.
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.