Section for Concrete Structures & Geotechnics is part of department for Marine Structures in DNV GL Oil & Gas, Region Norway. This section comprises 10 geotechnical engineers and a group for Concrete Structures with 8 structural engineers at Høvik. The Head of Section (HoS) will report to the Head of Department (HoD) and the Group Leader (GL) for Concrete Structures will report to the new HoS. The section has growth potential.
Department Marine Structures comprises 121 employees at Høvik, Stavanger, Bergen and Trondheim with leading expertise within structural integrity assessments of assets and installations. The competence areas include geotechnical engineering, steel and concrete structures, hydrodynamics, structural reliability, arctic technology, mooring, floater motions, marine operations and cranes and lifting operations. The main services are:
- Technical Advisory
- Technology Qualification
- Type Approval Certification
- Asset Integrity Management
- Marine Warranty Services
- Enterprise of Competence
Main responsibilities and duties
- Be part of the department management team
- Execute business development and sales in liaison with Key Account Managers and Business Development Leaders
- Provide resources to projects
- Be Project Sponsor for projects
- Manage chargeability
- Manage Profit & Loss
- Manage in liaison with Group Leader (if relevant)
- Recruitment and retention
- Individual performance and reward and remuneration processes
- Competence development of own unit
We are looking for a candidate with a proven track record as a manager with at least five years of experience as line manager and experience from the Oil & Gas industry. The candidate is expected to have excellent technical knowledge and a MSc or PhD degree within Civil Engineering, with specialization in geotechnics and qualifications within Concrete Structures. Furthermore, the candidate is expected to have experience with structural integrity assessments, FEM analyses of soil/structure interaction and verification in general within the relevant disciplines. A broad network for business development and sales in liaison with BDLs is an advantage. The candidate will be working both with Norwegian and international clients and is therefore expected to master both Norwegian and English well.
- Successful candidates should further have the following qualifications:
- Strong communication skills and networking abilities
- Genuine interest in team development
- Ability to inspire and develop people
- Analytical and structured mindset
- Focus on delivery of quality services to our clients
- Independent and pro-active attitude
- Self-motivated and result-oriented
- A strategic mindset and a strong commercial focus
- Commitment to DNV GL’s expectations for leaders
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.