DNV GL is now looking for a Head of Field Development & Operations to lead a newly-established Section in Stavanger.
Operators on the Norwegian Continental Shelf (NCS) continue to invest substantially, both in new field developments and existing assets in operation, to grow cashflow and strengthen profitability. DNV GL’s role is to be a technical- and risk advisory expert partner, helping customers to succeed in reaching their business targets, without compromising safety for people and the environment. Tie-back projects and use of existing infrastructure will be a major part of activity on the NCS, going forward. DNV GL is already involved in most tie-back projects run by small- and mid-sized operators and has a clear ambition to increase our involvement, based on a strengthening of our local presence
In total, we have 150 employees in Stavanger, with 70 of these working within advisory- & verification services to the Oil & Gas industry. The mandate of the Field Development & Operations Section is to help Oil & Gas customers succeed with their development projects and optimise their operations. The Section will hold a strong domain expertise related to offshore development projects, subsea tie-backs, modification projects and operation of offshore assets - drawing, where necessary, on technical expertise in other DNV GL units.
In addition, the Section will build dedicated expertise and capacity within;
- Project- & Operations Risk Management
- Quality- & HSE Management
- Maintenance & Integrity Management
- Regulations & Compliance
- Facilitation of Processes & Workshops
Currently, the Section comprises 10 experienced consultants, with the aim to grow further in 2019. The Section will draw upon relevant technical expertise and cooperate closely with other units in DNV GL Oil & Gas Region Norway - today consisting of 450 engineers within all major facility and operational disciplines. The Head of Section (HoS) will report to the Head of Department for Subsea & Asset Risk Management for Region Norway.
Key Expectations & Qualifications
The HoS for Field Development & Operations Stavanger is expected to build and develop a team that is increasingly integrated and works closely with operators and other key customers. The successful candidate will have a strong commercial mindset and personal accountability for local market development in this externally-focused role. Close collaboration with other departments in DNV GL, combined with an ability to understand the customer’s value-creation process, are key to securing broader and deeper roles with our customers. The HoS responsibility is to lead people and to further develop the business, including:
- Business development & sales
- Project resourcing
- Profit & loss in own unit
- Recruitment & retention
- Individual performance, reward & remuneration processes
- Competence development of own unit
- Frequent business travel must be expected
- Minimum 10 years relevant work experience
- Strong Oil & Gas domain knowledge and experience from field development & operations
- Deep understanding of safety - and risk management processes on the NCS
- Understanding of customers’ value creating processes
- Relevant sales & consulting experience
- Relevant line management experience
- Masters-level qualification in a relevant technical discipline
- Fluent English & Norwegian is required
- Accountable, self-motivated and result-oriented
- A strategic mindset and a strong commercial focus
- Strong communication skills and networking abilities
- Genuine interest in and experience of team development
- Commitment to DNV GL’s values and expectations for leaders
HR & HSEQ Manager
Geir Egil Eie
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.