Executive role to actively develop and expand Hydro's footprint in the battery industry!
As part of Hydro's new strategic direction to diversify and explore new green growth, our business area Energy has established the business unit “Batteries” to develop current assets and explore additional business opportunities within the battery value chain. Hydro has already entered partnerships with the Norwegian-Canadian battery company Corvus Energy and the Swedish battery company Northvolt, and we see further potential to leverage our capabilities in the battery value chain.
We are now hiring the Head of Batteries to actively develop and expand Hydro’s footprint in the fast-growing battery industry, heading a lean but growing team of professionals and interacting with Hydro internal resources as well as external partners.
This is a unique opportunity to build business and make substantial impact in a strategically important industry for the future.
Area of responsibility
Head of Batteries is responsible for developing and executing on Hydro's growth strategy in the battery value chain, within given capital and organizational frames. This includes capability and system development, results and compliance.
Specific tasks and deliveries will include:
- Develop the organization Batteries in Energy
- Deliver value creation in the portfolio, both from existing and new positions
- Build technology know-how inhouse to ensure competence to evaluate and create commercial opportunities
- Develop sustainability ambitions in line with Hydro Strategy 2025
- Establish and nurture essential technology and commercial partnerships
- Build capability to explore, develop, own and grow businesses/assets
- Master’s degree
- Relevant experience and track record from realizing industrial business ventures / active industrial ownership, proving an understanding of value chain drivers and how technology and economics interact
- Battery industry experience is desired, but experience from other fast evolving industries like solar, silicone and hydrogen would also be valuable
- Commercial acumen and negotiation skills
- Ability to run processes effectively, lead and inspire skilled professionals
- Openness and sensitivity for diversity in multidisciplinary teams and international settings
- Experience from high level stakeholder management
- Strong external communication skills
As a person, you work hard to create value and results in line with ambitious goals, in collaboration with others. You have a strong analytical approach, make sound judgements and strategic considerations. Your trustworthiness is linked to your decision-making abilities, uncompromising integrity and focus on sustainability and compliance.
The new Batteries unit will have around 10 employees from the start. Head of Batteries will report to Executive Vice President of Energy, Mr. Arvid Moss.
Hydro is a global and dynamic company made up by ambitious and talented co-workers that challenge and reward each other. As our colleague, you will be given the opportunity and responsibility to further develop your skills and build an exciting career. Hydro is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace.
Only applications received through our online system will be considered, not via e-mail.
As part of our recruitment process, we use Semac for background checks.
Executive Vice President of Energy
Hvem er Hydro?
Do you want to shape our story with your personality, expertise and ambitions?
At Hydro we are a global family of 35 000 people that extract, produce, shape and reuse the world’s most flexible and sustainable metal into infinite innovations and applications. Click here if you would like to read more about Hydro and our operations.