Local Unit & Position Description
A strong presence in Trondheim is important to DNV GL. Our team in Trondheim work closely with key players in the O&G industry with base in the region. In addition, the team is closely integrated with deliveries to our clients together with other DNV GL units in Norway and abroad.
To ensure the required capacity and competence DNV GL seeks a Group Leader to manage our safety team in Trondheim and to continue further growth and commercial drive and realization of opportunities for innovation and cooperation with in-house and external expertise in the Trondheim region. Our unit in Trondheim is also a hub for digitalization of DNV GL's risk assessment services and the right person will have an excellent opportunity to be key driver for this important work.
Safety Risk Management Advisory Norway covers all aspects of safety advisory; technical safety and risk analysis, fire and explosion analysis, emergency preparedness analyses, human factors, working environment and organizational safety, barrier management and risk management frameworks.
Working with DNV GL gives a unique opportunity to become part of a large & highly competent professional network (nationally and internationally) within risk management and a wide range of technical disciplines. We expect all team members to utilize this network to strengthen own competence and to serve our customers in the best possible way.
We are looking for a dynamic and result-oriented individual to fill the position as Group Leader – Safety Risk Management Trondheim. Candidates must have good technical knowhow, a commercial mindset combined with a pro-active attitude. The ability to communicate and cooperate across organizational and geographical borders is crucial for the successful candidate.
The Group Leader will be part of the management team of the section and report to the Head of Section.
The Group Leader will work closely with the Head of Section, other group leaders and the Business Develop Leaders in the Department. Close proactive collaboration with other relevant disciplines to explore opportunities and deliver projects will be necessary. We expect that the Group Leader will be 50% chargeable on commercial projects.
Areas of responsibilities:
- To lead the group; commercial performance and innovation and development of technical capabilities.
- Develop local market and build customer relations
- Management of a defined service portfolio
- Provide resources to projects
- Manage in liaison with Head of Section, where relevant:
- Recruitment and retention
- Individual performance and reward and remuneration processes
- Iompetence development
- Have a recent proven track record as a "people person"; with sincere interest in making others succeed in their work.
- Experience as a manager is an advantage, but not a prerequisite.
- Sound knowledge of the oil and gas industry and the relevant markets & sectors
- Experiance in interaction with Clients, e.g. as a consultant or advisor
- Commercial drive
- Driven by interest for continuous improvement and competence for the future.
- Higher technical education (Master Degree or equivalent) in relevant discipline.
- Fluency in English and strong communication skills in Norwegian language
- Digital skills, and interest in applying these skills to enhance value and efficiency of services
- Knowledge and experience with safety and risk management is an advantage
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.