Local Unit & Position Description
An exciting opportunity to shape the way we deliver Compensation & Benefits services in GSS/DNV GL has arisen, as the Global Shared Services organization is seeking for a Global Process Owner – Compensation & Benefits.
We are seeking a highly skilled, dedicated, proactive and result-oriented professional, who thrives working in a global, diverse and fast paced environment. The successful candidate will hold entrepreneurial responsibility to continuously improve and standardize the processes and systems for delivering consistent Comp & Ben services globally.
The Global Process Owner will own the design of the global HR processes specific to the GSS service portfolio within Compensation & Benefits, consistent with the Group governance coming from the company’s procedures (DNV GL Management System – DMS). In addition, he/she will govern the improvement programs and initiatives within the process area of Compensation & Benefits.
To succeed in this role, you will further establish, guide and support the global Comp & Ben network.
As part of the Global Process Team, he/she will be working closely with DNV GL Group HR and the GSS HR Global Organization.
The Global Process Owner will report to the Director for GSS HR Operations.
- Standardize company’s procedures (DMS), processes and related services for organizational alignment in the HR competence area of Compensation & Benefits.
- Evaluate best practices to convert current practises into a standardized “To Be” design.
- Support the development and quality assurance operating procedures on specific HR areas which involve global, regional, and local aspects.
- Uphold/enhance the current global design by developing and improving process and system design, providing support to the HR decision bodies.
- Act as the gatekeeper for any changes to processes and services.
- Lead the work on functional specifications for any extensions of HR systems.
- Functional ownership of the global Comp & Ben expert network for development, implementation, support and experience exchange.
- Work closely with Group HR to ensure that the future process design follows Group policies.
- Work closely with GSS FI to ensure clear and working interfaces between HR and Finance Operations.
- Work closely with the IT team to translate global processes into specifications for HR System requirements.
- The Global Process Owner will also work closely with the GSS regional HR teams for the following tasks:
- Support HR IT implementations and changes in the countries to achieve process standardization. The Global Process Owner will be involved in the country gap analysis to ensure that any developments are in line with global standards and requirements.
- Convert local non-compliant processes to globally agreed processes or approve local variations where needed.
- Document specifications for any configurations, enhancements, or localizations needed to support approved local variations.
- Proactively engage to resolve inconsistencies between regions.
- University degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field is required
- Previous experience in the field of Compensation & Benefits in a large, multi-national organization
- Proven ability to learn and understand the system landscape and governance of a large, multi-national organization
- Experience of documenting and monitoring internal procedures and controls
- Experience in writing policies and designing process flow
- Excellent command of English language required, additional languages are a plus
Characteristics of successful employees
- Strong team player, capable and confident to drive for continual improvement
- Excellent communication skills and cultural awareness as key stakeholders will span across the globe
- Ability to build good relationships with different stakeholders
- Ability to bring a global perspective to the role
- You bring a positive attitude with a customer centric mindset
- Genuine passion for digitalization and technology
- Sharp judgment
- Structured, analytical, solution-oriented mind-set
At DNV GL, we offer opportunities beyond business. In addition to competitive conditions, the right candidate will have the unique possibility to shape and design Compensation & Benefits model, having impact on the global scale. Our working culture is based on respect for one another and an appreciation of the need for work-life balance.
Joining us you will also:
Work with dedicated and competent colleagues with a high education and specialization level in an international environment live locally yet work on challenges globally and enjoy working at our beautiful campus at Høvik. enjoy a flexible working environment, attractive pension- and insurance schemes, 30 day annual vacation, free shuttle bus, networks like “Connect” and sports and leisure activities with colleagues.
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.