The Global Controller, Medical Services will contribute, drive and support the implementation of the Supply Chain & Product Assurance strategy. You will act as a business partner for the Finance Director and the Global director Medical services, to drive growth, operational excellence and financial objectives. You will participate in setting up new business models, pricing models and cost allocation models. You will assist the team with the target setting, forecasting and monthly reporting process for the Medical Product Assurance teams (including MEDCERT, a Hamburg-based company that recently joined the DNV family), within the requirements provided by DNV Group.
As the Controller, you will have the opportunity to play a fundamental role as the common link between activities and functions in Supply Chain & Product Assurance. With the support of the Finance Director, Global director Medical and the global team, you will manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders and continuously strive to improve processes and performance. In addition to the above, you have a high degree of entrepreneurship. You will be working in an environment with mature services as well as with services in the start-up / scale-up phase. Your expertise in setting up robust systems and processes is highly appreciated.
The Controller, Medical Product Assurance will report to the Finance Director.
Tasks may include:
- Ensure that DNV Group and Supply Chain & Product Assurance governance principles with regard to financial management are applied and implemented.
- Support the Finance Director, Global Director Medical and the team at MEDCERT in setting up robust business models, global pricing models and cost allocation models.
- Ensure that potential risks and opportunities are anticipated and understood.
- Assist the Global Controllers with coordinating the annual target setting and quarterly forecasting process by creating regional templates, instructions and associated models for your businesses.
- Support the global finance team with the monthly/quarterly reporting process and addressing finance questions and concerns regarding your covered businesses.
- Analyse performance across dimensions (e.g. countries, regions, service lines, projects) and initiate and follow-up on the implementation of corrective actions wherever necessary.
- Own the implementation of planning methodologies, system updates and financial tools.
- Ensure adequate quality of operational and financial information for decision making.
- A master’s degree in finance, accounting or economics
- Relevant business experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Controller
- Experience in finance process and system improvement
- Experience in system implementation
- Experience in project management
- Knowledge of DNV financial systems (Oracle, Basware, OnGuard, Team, Agresso, OneStream, NGPS Oracle suite)
- Experience in a start-up / scale up or digital business is an advantage
- Adequate understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards and financial concepts
- A demonstrated track record of working in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive, analytical, detailed, organized and have a passion for numbers
- Solution oriented mind-set combined with a pragmatic approach
- Ability to deal with conflict management and have courage in decision making
- Has strong foresight and is future driven
- Has a good grasp of business processes and is able to identify process improvement opportunities
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong commercial mindset and business acumen
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with accuracy and efficiency whilst meeting deadlines
- Ability to cope with a dynamic and changing environment
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships within SC&PA, MEDCERT, Business Assurance and shared services
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong drive with a hands-on, structured and result oriented working style
- A self-driven, service-minded approach when delivering value to stakeholders
- Proactive and forward leaning
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player
- Ability to manage and drive complex projects with stakeholders from multiple disciplines.
As we are having an international recruitment team, we kindly ask you to consider submitting your CV in English so that we can process your application.
Kindly be informed you may be requested to provide DNV with additional documents for a background check.
You will be hired on local conditions.
Interviews will be held on an on-going basis.
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We are one of the world’s leading certification, assurance and risk management providers. Whether certifying a company’s management system or products, providing training, or assessing supply chains, and digital assets, we enable customers and stakeholders to make critical decisions with confidence. We are committed to support our customers to transition and realize their long-term strategic goals sustainably, and collectively contributing to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
Hvem er DNV?
DNV is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.