DNV – Group Research and Development is strengthening its Trondheim office. We are seeking a skillful, curious, creative, and responsible Full Stack Developer to join our team. The ideal candidate will contribute to the development of “Simulation Trust Center” and the “Open Simulation Platform” initiative. We develop web applications and tools that offer collaboration and simulation for testing cyber-physical and autonomous systems. You will help us develop future technologies and services related to the assurance of digital assets, using cloud infrastructure, simulations, and web technologies. Read more about Open Simulation Platform and Simulation Trust Center here:
You will be part of the Future of Digital Assurance research program under Group Research and Development. Our research program is currently counting 7 employees in Trondheim and 32 in total, with offices in Norway and China.
You will be working in a software development team with activities including:
- Use co-simulation to develop future assurance methods
- Development of Simulation Trust Center
- Control systems interfacing
- Cloud based authentication and security
- Design and implementation both front-end and back-end
- Work with technologies such as: React, Kubernetes (AKS), Docker, Azure Cloud Services, FMU/FMI, SQL, Azure DevOps, Conan, GitHub
- Executing and contributing to improving existing DevOps processes (test automation, CI/CD)
- Follow and contribute to improving established agile development framework
- Quality assurance through code review
- Collaborate with other research programs and the wider software developer community across DNV, as well as industry partners
We are seeking a full stack developer with several of the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Ideally 3+ years of relevant professional experience, but graduates are encouraged to apply as well
- Deep familiarity with one or more of these programming languages:
- Interest for functional programming
- Knowledge of RESTful web services
- Experience with the following is beneficial:
- Front end (UX) experience
- Azure cloud services or similar
- Co-simulations using the FMI standard (https://fmi-standard.org/)
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Fluent command of English in writing and in speech
- Verbal Norwegian skills are beneficial
We are looking for a colleague who:
- Likes to learn new technologies and programming languages
- Enjoys working in a team where we share success and failures
- Is analytical, systematic, and organized
- Is solution-oriented
- Can articulate technical information to internal and external stakeholders
- Opportunity to work as a software developer in a large company together with colleagues focusing on applications and use
- Range of responsibilities adjusted to your experience level
- Freedom to explore and to be creative
- Great colleagues who value teamwork and support
- Great opportunities for professional development
- Flexible working hours and home office scheme
- International working environment
- Interesting and challenging projects, both national and international
- Be part of a world-leading company that has a global reach with more than 12 000 employees around the world and is headquartered in Norway
- 6 weeks annual vacation
- Attractive total compensation package
For more information about the position, please contact:
Levi Jamt, Simulation Technology group leader, DNV – Group Research and Development, email@example.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in risk management and assurance, with almost 12,000 employees operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
Whether assessing a new ship design, optimizing the performance of a wind farm, analyzing sensor data from a gas pipeline or certifying a food company’s supply chain, we enable our customers and their stakeholders to make critical decisions with confidence.
Our employees are driven by a common purpose: to safeguard life, property, and the environment. We help tackle the challenges and global transformations facing our customers and the world today and we are a trusted voice for many of the world’s most successful and forward-thinking companies.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
Simulation Technology group leader
Hvem er DNV?
DNV is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.