We are seeking an experienced Senior Software Developer to take on the role as full stack platform developer of Veracity.
Veracity is a part of DNV GL Digital Solutions, and its mission is to develop, operate and attract customers to an open digital platform and ecosystem. Veracity’s main customers are asset owners and analytic service providers within the Maritime, Oil and Gas and Energy industries.
The unit’s product is Veracity, designed to help companies unlock, qualify, combine and prepare data for analytics and benchmarking. Veracity will give customers access to industrial applications and data analytics services that can help them make better use of their data.
Veracity today has 1 million service subscriptions from more than 130.000 users in more than 13.000 companies. More than 150 services are today available in this ecosystem, and its growing rapidly.
We are now manning up the unit and are searching digital entrepreneurs.
- Design software on the roadmap for Veracity in collaboration with Product managers, UX and architects
- Coding software components, front end or back end
- Implementation of a robust set of services and APIs to power the applications
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of measures to ensure security and data protection
- Working with team members in proactively addressing software quality
- Executing and contributing to improving existing DevSecOps processes, including test automation, CI/CD
- Perform peer code review
- Follow and contribute to improving established agile framework, development guidelines etc.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years of experience in software development
- Solid experience of web application development on the Microsoft .NET framework
- Solid experience with C# and Web API/MVC
- Solid experience with HTML 5 and CSS (Bootstrap, LESS/SASS)
- Solid experience with Object Oriented programming
- Solid experience with software architecture and design patterns
- Good understanding of SQL Server and database design
- Good understanding of security
- Experience with agile methodologies and tools
- Experience with Microsoft Azure PaaS
Additional qualifications are a plus:
- Experience with microservice and container
- Experience with Typescript
- Experience with Python
- Experience with event driven software architecture
- Experience with E-Commerce
- Experience with Distributed system design
- Experience with Caching
- You want to make an impact and are ready to go the extra mile to make it happen
- You are a team player, agile, self-driven and thrive for opportunities to put your skills and personality to use creating customer value and DNV GL impact
- You are a believer in the power of technology and understand how it transforms our industries and customer’s business models
- You are structured, flexible and result oriented
- You can follow established procedures and guidelines
- You have good communication skills, verbally and written, and are a quick learner
- You understand the importance of collaboration and utilizing personal networks
- You are sociable, create a good atmosphere and recognize that feedback is the fuel of high performing teams
- Strong company culture with emphasis on competence development
- Great colleagues who value teamwork and support
- Attractive salary and benefits package
- Pension program
- Interesting and challenging tasks
- International working environment
We are located beautifully close to the sea, and can offer a wide variety of benefits like sport club with access to sailboats, kayaks etc. and techy interest groups like “IoT makers space” to widen your personal and professional horizon and stay fit in the process. We have company cabins, and many social events and happenings.
Work location is at the company HQ just outside Oslo at Høvik with easy connection via train to Sandvika or Skøyen, and free shuttle buses to the Veritas Centre from both Sandvika and Skøyen.
The position is on local terms in Norway.
For more information contact: Torstein.firstname.lastname@example.org, phone +47 99161024
Company & Business Area Description
Veracity is a unit in DNV GL reporting to CEO of DNV GL Digital Solutions. The unit’s mission is to develop, operate and attract customers to an open and secure multisided data platform and ecosystem. Through this, we are building a platform business for DNV GL adding value to our core industry ecosystems. In the current public preview phase, Veracity’s main customers are primarily asset owners, data and analytics providers and DNV GL’s business areas serving the Maritime, Oil and Gas and Energy industries.
As a unit, Veracity consists of five departments; Commercial, Technical development and operations, Platform Services & onboarding, Finance and Support systems and Content/Digital marketing.
Being a natively born digital unit, automation and scalability, self-service and frictionless transactions will be designed into platform functionality and processes, allowing the unit to stay customer centric, lean and efficient. To ensure a speedy time-to-market process, Veracity is working closely with DNV GL’s business areas and corporate functions as well as third party providers to ramp up its capabilities, support systems and back office functions and systems.
The unit’s product is Veracity, an open and secure multi sided industry data platform and ecosystem facilitating frictionless connections between different industry players, domain experts and data scientists through exchange of datasets, APIs, applications and insights.
We are now manning up the unit and are searching digital entrepreneurs.
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.