We are looking for a skilled software development leader that is ready to lead the development of a great international software engineering team. The aim is to build a team that thrives on constantly improving professional competency and best practice use of tools and processes in order to efficiently build software our customers love.
As Head of Development for Asolvi you will lead software development across multiple product lines and development teams, currently around 25 people total in 4 different locations. You will drive best practices within agile software development and lead the development teams to effectively deliver high-quality software.
A key part of the role is to lead the transition to cloud-based SaaS solutions, architectures and processes, including DevOps- while also ensuring that more traditional on-premise solutions are maintained well as long as needed.
The role reports to Chief Product Officer (https://www.linkedin.com/in/arneu/), and will in alignment with the CPO lead the organization and competency development of the software teams, the overall architecture of the solutions, the toolsets, technologies and processes used.
For the right person this role offers the opportunity to have a major impact in an international software company with strong growth and profitability- while building a world-class engineering team delivering on a product strategy for the future.
- Managing multiple cross functional teams (25+ software engineers in 4 locations) to develop, deliver and maintain our products and services
- Providing technical leadership and direction
- Lead, coach, develop and hire great software engineers
- Drive and influence architecture, technology choices, processes, and overall technical delivery that will enable a world-class customer experience
- Ensuring the quality, security, sustainability and efficiency/productivity of engineering deliveries
- Applying and governing agile development processes and best practices and ensuring strong engineering culture and continuous delivery practices
Key attributes & experience:
- Several years of experience leading team(s) of engineers developing and delivering software at scale
- Strong engineering background and experience with agile methodologies
- Strong familiarity with modern cloud-based software development and delivery (DevOps), preferable with technologies like (or equivalent to) .NET, C#, Azure, REACT, PWA
- Be a strong leader, with a professional attitude and the ability to lead by exemplary work ethic
- Practice and advocate for data driven decision making
- Ability to influence and drive change and innovation
- Focus on coaching and mentoring
- Strong communication skills in English
The position requires some traveling to the locations where the development teams are seated currently such as Hull, High Wycombe, Stockholm and Trondheim. Preferred location for the role is Oslo, other locations can be considered.
For more information please call Eirik Bache-Wiig at Kingbird Executive Search, phone +47 97109010
Hvem er Asolvi?
Asolvi is Europe´s leading provider of service management software solutions to SMEs and serves approximately 1.400 customers in 30+ countries. We are about 100 employees with offices in Trondheim, Oslo, Stockholm, High Wycombe (UK), Mönchengladbach (DE) and Paris. Asolvi is private equity backed by Volpi Capital and Viking Venture.