Do you want the help securing our society from the consequences of climatic changes?
Multiconsult wants to strengthen its competence on flood hydrology and flood protection. We want to take a leading position in multidisciplinary projects involving flood risk mitigation in Norway, and also grow in our prioritized markets internationally. As a part of the strategy to reach our goals, we are looking for a senior hydraulic engineer, with specialization in flood risk mitigation.
You will be an important part of the Hydrology and Water Resource Management section in the Renewable Energy Division, located at Skøyen, Oslo. Today we are 12 hydrologist, hydraulic engineers and field hydrologist in the section.
You will have a key role and be a driving force in developing the work with flood protection in our organization. In recent years, we have seen an increase in extreme flood events and large damages. Multiconsult has initiated an interdisciplinary initiative on defining natural hazards. You will contribute to winning jobs, and develop our organization within your area of specialisation.
- Design and possibly construction supervision for flood protection work in watercourses and in urban areas
- Think environmental design in all our Projects
- Project management and communication with clients
- Cooperate with, among others, geotechnical engineers, hydraulic engineers, biologists and landscape architects
- Assist in proposal writing and finding opportunities
- Participate in strengthening competency on flood risk mitigation
- Master’s Degree in civil engineering, hydraulic engineering, geotechnical engineering, geological engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience with flood protection works
- Speak and write a Nordic language and have good English skills
- We will emphasize experience from different flood risk mitigation projects. You should have a good multidisciplinary understanding, and like to cooperate with other disciplines. In addition to good understanding of hydrology and hydraulics, you should have experience from construction sites, and a practical approach to the tasks.
- Exciting tasks in a company who participates in developing the industry
- Cooperation with the industry’s technological paratroopers supported by dedicated managers
- An inviting and inclusive company culture where it is appreciated to express ones opinion and where you work together to reach Multiconsult’s goals
- Possibility to participate in competence networks across the offices in Multiconsult
- Competitive wages, and the markets best pension and insurance schemes
- Days off between Christmas and New Year and in the whole Easter week in addition to five weeks vacation
- Cottages for favorable rents through the company
Head of section
Hvem er Multiconsult?
Multiconsult er et norsk kraftsenter med internasjonalt nedslagsfelt innen prosjektering og rådgivning. Gjennom flere kontorer i Norge og internasjonalt benytter vi 100 års erfaring til å skape ny historie. For oss handler muliggjøring om erfaring, rett kompetanse og riktig kompetansesammensetning blant våre mer enn 2500 medarbeidere.
Multiconsult er notert på Oslo Børs og opererer innenfor følgende syv forretningsområder: Bygg & eiendom, Industri, Olje & gass, Samferdsel, Fornybar Energi, Vann & Miljø og By & samfunn.