Are you an experienced Facility Management Coordinator with strong interpersonal skills, service oriented, who enjoys working on a variety of tasks and projects? Are you flexible and organised? Then we want to hear from you!
CERN is looking for a Facility Management Coordinator to help us serve more than 10,000 users on the Organization’s premises (French and Swiss sites including experimental points) and assist in providing efficient campus services. Be a part of the largest particle physics research laboratory on the planet… CERN, take part!
The Site and Civil Engineering (SCE) Department manages and develops CERN’s real estate assets and infrastructures in agreement with CERN’s scientific strategy, as well as all the services related to the caretaking and operation of the CERN site.
In the SCE Department we are looking for a person to join the team that coordinates services provided to the large CERN user community. The CERN campus consists of more than 600 buildings, which include offices and technical infrastructures above surface and underground, and provide services ranging from housing, catering, cleaning and waste management to person mobility for a population of thousands of users.
As a Facility Management Coordinator in the Services and Supply Chain (SSC) Group, Campus Services (CS) Section, you will provide specialised administrative, coordination and operational support for the Campus Services activities, in compliance with the Organization’s rules and procedures. You will:
- Integrate the coordination team of Campus Services:
- Document and monitor the operational and administrative processes with a focus on quality and continuous improvement to increase efficiency and user experience;
- Support CERN internal clients’ requests;
- Carry out regular analysis, controls, service reviews and reporting; develop and deploy KPIs.
- Follow-up service contracts:
- Ensure the correct application of contracts technical specifications;
- Proactively manage communication flows;
- Process transactions, book-keeping operations and invoicing requests. Ensure cost control to remain within the annual budgetary envelope;
- Support the development and innovation of services on Campus:
- Propose and contribute to the provisioning and follow-up of innovative solutions through regular experiments and implementation of pilots;
- Contribute to the definition of the technical specifications when market surveys and calls for tenders are launched to renew the service contracts.
Assist in any other services activities in the SSC Group upon request.
Higher technical diploma or equivalent relevant experience in the field of hospitality management, facility management, services or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience as a service provider, overseeing the contractual relationships, including Service Level Agreement.
- Experience in continuous improvement or LEAN management would be an asset.
- Customer service;
- Organisation, planning and control;
- Process analysis, definition and improvement;
- Specification and follow-up of technical aspects of a contract;
- Use of office software packages;
- Hospitality Management;
- Knowledge of PMS (i.e. Fidelio) an asset.
- Achieving results: delivering prompt and efficient service taking into account customer needs. Having a structured and organised approach towards work; being able to set priorities and plan tasks with results in mind.
- Solving problems: producing workable and timely solutions that meet requirements. Anticipating obstacles; assessing alternative solutions in order to have a fallback plan.
- Managing self: working well autonomously; taking on activities and tasks without prompting. Remaining objective, focused and productive in a stressful environment; focusing on solutions rather than problems.
- Demonstrating flexibility: being able to demonstrate flexibility whilst abiding by all applicable rules.
- Working in teams: being ready to concede in the interest of the team; seeking agreement Contributing to promoting a positive atmosphere in the team through an optimistic and constructive attitude; addressing issues
Spoken and written English or French: ability to understand and speak both languages in professional contexts as well as the ability to prepare/draft texts in both languages.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 20.12.2021.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- A valid driving licence is required.
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization.
Job grade: 3-4
Job reference: SCE-SSC-CS-2021-127-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Process/Services Assistant
Hvem er CERN?
At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern.