Based in Norway and rooted in more than a century of experience in renewable energy, technology and innovation, Hydro is committed to strengthening the viability of its customers and communities, shaping a sustainable future through innovative aluminium solutions.
Hydro has the ambition to become the best aluminium company worldwide. Health, safety, security, and environment (HSE) represents both a key element and a key driver in realizing this ambition, and we are now offering an exciting opportunity to join our Corporate HSE team.
Area of Responsibility
As our Environment Manager, you will report to Head of Corporate Environment and support line management in driving strong environmental performance, and contribute to further developments in the Hydro HSE community.
The role entails a lot of interaction with managers and HSE professionals at corporate level, in business areas and production sites. Your focus will be on governance compliance and support regarding environmental issues. You will:
- Work with a range of environmental topics, such as air emissions, water, waste, soil and groundwater, biodiversity, ecosystem services, environmental impact assessments, energy and resource efficiency, and legacy management
- Provide recommendations with authority and expertise
- Participate in audits and envir onmental reviews, to ensure compliance with regulations and steering documents
- Participate in working groups and steering committees, for quality assurance
- Contribute as an internal consultant towards relevant projects
- Provide quality assurance of production sites’ environmental incident and data reporting, to identify and govern key risks
- Stay up-to-date on key environmental trends and legislations, globally and locally
- Master’s degree/PhD in environmental fields or civil engineering
- Minimum 5 years’ working experience within environmental issues, preferably from industry or research
- Insight in international and national environmental laws and regulations - good knowledge of Norwegian environmental issues and legislation for quality assurance and expert input is an advantage
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to make an impact in a professional setting, through efficient communication and consensus building
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 is required, experience with SharePoint is an advantage
- Ability to use English as your working language, verbal and written
- Other language skills will be considered an advantage, such as Norwegian, German or Portuguese
As a person, we believe you have a structured and reflected approach towards your deliveries, allowing you to prioritize well and efficiently manage a variety of actions in a fast-paced, dynamic, and international environment. You successfully collect and analyze detailed facts to build the bigger picture, and are proactive and hands-on towards solving problems. You can work independently, but thrive when you collaborate with people around you.
Health, safety, security, and environment (HSE) are an integrated part of Hydro’s daily activities. Our responsibility is to protect the health and safety of our employees and to contribute to the sustainable development of the communities in which we operate. We thus look for employees who will contribute positively to this by their commitment to HSE, their attitude and related actions.
Hydro is a global and dynamic company made up by ambitious and talented co-workers that challenge and reward each other. As our colleague, you will be given the opportunity and responsibility to develop your skills. Make your talent count – renew the future!
Please note that this position will require frequent business travels, inside and outside Europe.
Only applications received through our online system will be considered, not via e-mail. Please enclose all relevant transcripts with your application (academic records/diplomas, certificates etc.). As part of our recruitment process, we use Semac for background checks and verification.
Head of Corporate HSE
Giuliana Silvana Larice
Head of Corporate Environment
Hvem er Hydro ?
Hydro is a fully integrated aluminium company with 35,000 employees in 40 countries on all continents, combining local expertise, worldwide reach and unmatched capabilities in R&D. In addition to production of primary aluminium, rolled and extruded products and recycling, Hydro also extracts bauxite, refines alumina and generates energy to be the only 360° company of the global aluminium industry. Hydro is present within all market segments for aluminium, with sales and trading activities throughout the value chain serving more than 30,000 customers.